Help! Water leak under slab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reroute PEX pipe through attic.

No cheap and/or easy way out of the situation.

Last edited:
Yikes, the situation is ugly. The line goes to the kitchen sink, the living room then to the master bathroom. So, the plumber had to cut up drywall all over the place to access the connections. It seems my builder used non standard routing methods. But did use quality copper pipe, not the Chinese stuff.

OP, copper piping and FL's hard limestone water just don't get along. ONLY if it were TYPE K copper pipe.
My suggestion, re-pipe with CPVC. I worked part time (weekends) for a plumbing company that my late friend owned in FL. We did a lot of re-pipes. He would suggest CPVC, but it was the customers choice as to what they could afford. We did a couple of houses in TYPE K copper! A lot of people are going to the PEX piping, which I don't like. It's cheap to install, but if the installer doesn't crimp the rings correct, you will have a BIG problem on your hands.
My cousin just finished building his house about a year ago. He subbed out the plumbing to a local plumber that used PEX piping. A fitting came loose in the wall due to a bad crimp ring job, flooded the house, and about 2/3 of his wood floor throughout the house had to be replaced! Thank GOD he was only 4 months into his 1 year warranty and it was covered!
I suggest a re-pipe with CPVC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back