Help pick new ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could barely get a 2014 S550 for 45k. But there's the E350 or E550. 2014 E550 could be under 45k. You could also do 2008-2016 E350 from 10-45k. Navigation is pretty standard and many of them are 4matic which means AWD. Look for bixenons or LED with active curve illumination.

After seeing some YouTube videos of an AWD Honda Ridgeline in snow, I’m tempted to add it to your list. Easy ingress and egress, roomy cabin, pickup attributes, and comfortable ride. MPG fair. Thinking outside the box....

And good luck with your treatments!

Several of you mentioned the SHO and that is one I am leaning towards I drove one recently and it is a good size car it does real good in crash testing the seats fit my big A and frame real well it has a massive trunk that I need solid power handles good for such a big car all wheel drive and the one I drove had everything I needed and then some for extras. The Lincoln is real nice but has a smaller trunk and the seats are smaller and the car has less headroom not to mention cost much more with the options I want.

Someone asked about my mustang and mine is not comfortable on the highway it has the Racaro sport seats that really don't fit me all that great and the manual 6 speed transmission in Boston traffic gets old real fast.

I've heard Recaro seats aren't comfortable. A shame, because my wife has a 2010 GT and I love to take trips with it, but it has the regular premium leather seats and automatic.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: edwardh1
wish there was a rating on car seats comfort, scale of 1 - 10 or whatever. some makes really scrimp on size (length) of the bottom cushion.
we have an older infiniti , seats come up under your knee, comfortable

I'd have to give my FXT something like a 3...bottom cushion is too flat and not very supportive. Seats are a common source of driver complaints in Foresters.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
I've heard Recaro seats aren't comfortable.
Recaro makes sport seats. They are primarily designed to "hug" you and to allow you to be more connected to the car. Can't do that with 5" of foam padding on the cushions.
smile.gif

If i was in the market for a road car this would be it.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventoryl...sting=199951333

3.0 TDI is a beast and the 11 year 162k powertrain warranty as a result of Dieselgate is pretty hard to beat. I had a Passat TDI and put 62k on it in 2 years and 3 days before buyback. I got several 900 mile tanks outa that thing. there is no such thing as wait till we get fuel to use the bathroom.
crazy.gif

Might also go drive a V6 Accord or Camry. Very refined engines in both of those cars, and plenty of horsepower. Also, being FWD, would do well in snow, especially with a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks or other winter tires. And you wouldn’t have the added weight, complexity, expense, and maintenance costs of AWD. Also no turbos to worry about. And those cars are pretty quick - you might only gain a second in 0-60 with an SHO, over one of those V6 Accords or Camrys.

You would want to look at a model that had multi-way adjustable pwr driver’s seat.

The only thing I’d be concerned about with one of those two cars would be if it had a CVT. I hate CVTs and refuse to own a car that has one. The newer 8-speed autos are a much better choice.

Anyway, both the new Accord and Camry are pretty sharp-looking cars.

Another nice alternative to something like an SHO, if you really want AWD, would be a Chrysler 300. Lots of horsepower even with the base 5.7 engine. But that SRT-8 version would be a lot of fun. And I’d take a big N/A V8 over a turbo V6 in that type of car any day. And then the Jeep SRT-8 would be nice, too.

Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Might also go drive a V6 Accord or Camry.

But there is no V6 engine option on the new Accord.

No new Chrysler 300 SRT8 either.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: john_pifer
Might also go drive a V6 Accord or Camry.

But there is no V6 engine option on the new Accord.

No new Chrysler 300 SRT8 either.

In that case, my choice would be the Camry. That 300 HP V6 mated to the 8-speed autobox will be a lot of fun, and definitely more reliable over time than the turbo 4-banger of the Accord. Much prefer N/A power delivery over turbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back