Help me pick one AWD slightly pre owned

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want a RAV CRV or Rouge looking to spend 20 or less

Low miles 2016-new

Must be a AWD or 4x4

Would love a manual but would but a proven automatic zf 6 or 8 speed would be nice

I don't want too many DI headaches so no cars with Valve buildup issues.

Crosstrek is on top of the list.

Volvo line up cross country looks nice

What are your recommendations??

Newer Crosstreks are DI i think. Cross Country is also

I would go with a Ford Escape or Mazda CX-5 with the 2.5 (non DI, timing chain, non CVT). I think you can get a 6 speed manual in the mazda.

you are missing the obvious, VW golf sportwagen or alltrack, both are AWD and after 2018 have the 6 year bumper to bumper, if you buy used prior to that year that add time on to existing warrant as a sales incentive. I bought a 2018 dealer demo car with 7k miles this past winter for $19K and it was never titled so i got full warranty. I got what they call the automatic which is actually a Dual Clutch auto like many high end sports cars now use, very interesting combo of both aspects in a durable transmission, also superior handling, similar room to SUV 29mpg all day, look at some youtube comparison videos.

Last edited:
Also look at the Audi A4. Doing a quick search pulled up a bunch of 2015-2016 Quattros for under $20k. Unfortunately I have no experience with their engines or reliability.

Good luck.

I would recommend a Chevrolet Equinox or new crossover 2019 Blazer. I have found numerous Equinox's with under 75,000 miles still for only $10,000. The new Blazers are basically the same thing just different body design so in a few years a new Chevy Blazer will probably be worth the same. Plus the Chevy Equinox is rated at 34 miles a gallon, and the new Blazers are rated at 28 mpg both combined, and you can get it with a v6 or a 4 cylinder.

Originally Posted by EvanD
I don't want a RAV CRV or Rouge looking to spend 20 or less

Low miles 2016-new

Must be a AWD or 4x4

Would love a manual but would but a proven automatic zf 6 or 8 speed would be nice

I don't want too many DI headaches so no cars with Valve buildup issues.

Crosstrek is on top of the list.

Volvo line up cross country looks nice

What are your recommendations??

That vehicle does not exist.

Get VW Altreck. EA888 mostly resolved issues around CBU, AWD is probably among the best in "part time AWD" group, if not the best, and you can get it with manual.
Audi A4 2.0T is very good option after 2013. It probably has best quality interior and seriously capable AWD. ZF8 or manual.
I am looking some as my every day car. FOr 13-14k you can find really good one with S line package.

Crosstrek but I'd get the CVT it's more efficient with the AWD. The Subaru will also hold its value.

Originally Posted by buster
Crosstrek but I'd get the CVT it's more efficient with the AWD. The Subaru will also hold its value.

He wants manual or ZF6 or 8. How does that snail qualifies among vehicles that actually, well, move?

Originally Posted by edyvw

He wants manual or ZF6 or 8. How does that snail qualifies among vehicles that actually, well, move?

Well, OP also stated that "Crosstrek is on top of the list. "

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete

Well, OP also stated that "Crosstrek is on top of the list. "

LOL, but he wants ZF 6 or 8?

LOL, but he wants ZF 6 or 8?

Or manual.
smile.gif

Love the crosstrek but it's so slow. I don't know if it would work for long term.

Diesel equonox I never would knew about that one

The Subaru will also hold its value.

Depends upon your location. Very rarely do you see any around here-the nearest dealership is about 4 hours away. The couple of people who I've known who actually had them took a bath at trade in/sale time. Virtually no one around here wants one, and the only time I see one is when some Minnesotan is passing through to Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back