Help me pick a good "date car" to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Lexus, nothing says money you don't want to flash like a big Lexus.

Or a big Hyundai, perfect for thrifty money. They also depreciate like crazy, Equus or Genesis.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hyundai-Genesis-...=US_Cars_Trucks

I like both of these.

Or a 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP. Unassuming but nice exterior hiding 400+ HP and ft-lb of torque. You should be able to get one with relatively low miles for $20k or so. But maybe I'm just projecting my dream car onto you.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
...Something like an F150 or Silverado truck would not be out of the question out don't know how the womens react to trucks these days. Been out of it too long.

I take ladies out in my Model A, GMC Sierra or MX-5. Apparently they don't seem to discriminate much.
smile.gif

The vehicle shouldn't matter one bit if you have some kind of personality and take care of yourself. Be yourself and don't try to hide something by showing up with a flashy car. Trust me, a lot of women can see right through that stuff and it actually makes you look like you are insecure.

Neon pink Pacer with green polka dots and orange interior.

That will eliminate the ones you do not want to date, BEFORE you buy them a nice dinner.

Toyota Tacoma or 4Runner. They say sensible but fun and masculine. You really can't beat a truck or truck based SUV when it comes to the ladies.

I went with the wimpy version since I am cheap and my wife is stuck with me.

The car should reflect who you are at 51. Not how you were at 21 (probably a jerk, we all were at 21). Also what kind of girl you are looking for.

You do not want to show up in a used Pinto (cheap) nor a new Ferrari (extravagant).

I had an older Jeep when I met my wife in 2012. But it was pretty clean, no rust. Still have the Jeep. She realized I had my money tied up in my house rather than flashy cars.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Chicks love subarus! Sometimes you'll see two in one at a time with no guys!

there's a reason there's no guys with them....

My then girlfriend(and now wife of over 28 years) located my first BMW(a 1973 Bavaria) for me in 1983.
She realized that the way to my heart ran straight through the garage- and it still does...

Audi is a good choice.

So is a nice late model clean Saab

Spend more money/thought on dressing nice and picking good restaurants.

And social skills will go further than all of the above.

Your date is really not supposed to remember what car you have if you did it right.

Last edited:
I'm interested in what she will be driving; keep us informed.

The woman I hang with has a V8 Tundra.

Me no drive, just maintain
grin.gif

That being said, i'm not particularly interested in a woman that might value what I drive as part of any decision making on her part. Good luck in your pursuits.

Last edited:
If I went on a date with someone who tried to impress me with a car ... I'd think they were too materialistic and I'd run.

However if said person had a paid off 2 or 3 year old versa I'd like that

Originally Posted By: Falken
A Honda Element and a dog.

Bring the dog with you on the date.

Chicks like that kind of stuff.

And, you are at least guaranteed a kiss at the end of the night!

This ^^^^^

My wife loves dogs.... Er, ah...

I wouldnt buy a car for date purposes alone, though I guess it depends what kind of car you would want. Accord sport, camry v6, mazda 6. Pretty much any family sedan and go for one with some higher end options, leather, bigger engine, upgraded sound system etc. I think many of these are nice vehicles. Go spend a weekend test driving a few and see what you like and go from there. It also depends what you typically get from home depot and how often, as you can always keep your forester for that or worst case rent a cargo van from home depot.

Originally Posted By: earlyre
Originally Posted By: eljefino
Chicks love subarus! Sometimes you'll see two in one at a time with no guys!

there's a reason there's no guys with them....
Lol!

So, what say the BITOG advisory panel about this? Keep the Soob and if she makes a character judgment based on what I show up in then she's being shallow and better to find out early than later on?

I would go with this.

Any Woman that would determine my acceptability as a potential mate, based solely on the car I drive, would not be worth my time.

Originally Posted By: 02SE

So, what say the BITOG advisory panel about this? Keep the Soob and if she makes a character judgment based on what I show up in then she's being shallow and better to find out early than later on?

I would go with this.

Any Woman that would determine my acceptability as a potential mate, based solely on the car I drive, would not be worth my time.

perfectly said. You want her to date you and not the car.

I'm thinking:

1. Chevy Cruze, Malibu or Impala depending on how big you want.
2. Buick Regal
3. Cadillac ATS
4. New Chevy Colorado midsize truck crew cab may meet all your needs as an upscale looking vehicle with 4 doors and a bed for Home depot
5. Ford Fusion
6. Chrysler 300 as you said and maybe even the Challenger or Charger

I don't see much more than plain jane with Toyota and that Honda crossover car is the ugliest thing I've seen since the Aztec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back