Help me fix my shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some updates. If I'm doing something wrong please tell me! I am NOT a builder. I'm just copying and googling lol. Current repair cost $615.

Total Guess Roofing, INC.
smile.gif

wow!! AWESOME JOB!! and here insurance told you it was a write-off.. LAZY PEOPLE! and please, no one start in on me about how they are looking at actuarial or profit/loss tables.. meh!.. dumb insurance, good for you on not listening to them!

$615!? I think that's awesome! looks perfect now!
thumbsup2.gif
cheers3.gif

Way to go!! The only way to learn is to just do it.

And the only person you can depend on is yourself!

Originally Posted By: Srt20
Way to go!! The only way to learn is to just do it.

And the only person you can depend on is yourself!

I totally agree! GREAT job.

Thanks all. Will finish that top cap today. The last cap is tiny, has exposed nails per almost everywhere I googled. Some say small nails. The original roof had staples, they were very rusted, still holding well, roof didn't leak AFAIK. Even though thats the default way to roof, I think its time for an experiment. If it leaks or blows off just nail it. I'm gonna try https://www.lowes.com/pd/BLACK-JACK-10-1-fl-oz-Waterproofer-Cement-Roof-Sealant/3009268. It has s a 30 year warranty. Its a neoprene rubbery flexible adhesive. Gonna spread it on like spackle to glue the last one down. Thanks to BITOG, picking the best roofing sealant was easy lol!

Good work LS! You learned by doing and fixed it yourself!

On the final cap shingle given that the tar strip is on the opposite end of the gable, you'll want to lay down a double bead of roof sealant on the gable end before adding that last shingle. That'll will stop blowing rain from getting in there.

Nail it off with four regular roofing nails (you need the big heads), coat each head with a squirt of roofing tar, then sprinkle the tar with shingle granules scraped from a scrap shingle. This will waterproof it and make the heads invisible from the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back