Having Google remember my passwords is hit and miss.

Half the time I go to log into one of my bank accounts and use the autofill from Google, it gets it wrong. Is that because the passwords are so similar between accounts? What's the point of it if it can't recognize one bank from another? And why is it that on internet forums the passwords remembered are almost always correct and I never have to manually input them unless I have cleared the cookies or cashe?

Half the time I go to log into one of my bank accounts and use the autofill from Google, it gets it wrong. Is that because the passwords are so similar between accounts?
No, it's likely because there are two or more username/password pairs stored for different realms. Go into the password manager for your browser and remove the realms you don't use for that site.

What's the point of it if it can't recognize one bank from another?
I assure you that's not the problem.

Is that because the passwords are so similar between accounts?
I'll give you some free advice, don't tell people on the internet anything about your passwords. Start using a password manager so you don't have to remember your passwords.

Last edited:
Captain Kirk's pin for initiating the E's auto-destruct sequence was zero-zero-zero-destruct-zero
Captain Picard's pin was Picard-4-7-alpha-tango
Good enuff for me!

No, it's likely because there are two or more username/password pairs stored for different realms. Go into the password manager for your browser and remove the realms you don't use for that site.
Says there are over 900 sites that have my autofill passwords stored. Might as well live with the issue than going through all of them.

Get a real password manager like 1Password.

I store all kinds of important information in 1Password in addition to passwords.

I have many of my wife's passwords in a Secure Note in 1Password. Basically I am my wife's password manager.

Get a real password manager like 1Password.

I store all kinds of important information in 1Password in addition to passwords.

I have many of my wife's passwords in a Secure Note in 1Password. Basically I am my wife's password manager.
I haven't tried them all but I'm pretty sure all the password managers support multiple identities. You can attach passwords to whatever person you want, IE your wife. No need to sift through a note.

Happened again this morning. Go to log into this bank using the Google autofill feature,

pop.jpg

Says invalid. I try again and with this screen,

pop2.jpg

but the autofill password is incorrect, so I manually enter it and log in. After that, I get this popup,

pop3.jpg

so I click Update password, just like I did the last time, but if I log in tomorrow, it will have forgotten it by then. Why?

so I click Update password, just like I did the last time, but if I log in tomorrow, it will have forgotten it by then. Why?
Go into the password manager and delete all the entries for each bank. The next time it will save the username/password and you'll only have one saved. The problem is you have multiple entries.

It only stores one password at a time for each website.

It'll save multiple usernames and passwords for each website. I have one where I accidentally saved a OTP and I keep forgetting to go delete it.

Why would you have multiple usernames for a website? Isn't that against the terms of most forums like this one?

Let's say you own a business and have a personal and business account with a bank, Instagram, Facebook, etc.

Why would you have multiple usernames for a website? Isn't that against the terms of most forums like this one?

I have multiple work accounts saved for the same vendor/provider. IE, I may have my own login for my work HR site, as well as a separate administrator login for the same site.

Same with my multiple work emails.

Back