Hassle Free Bank Deposit

I need to deposit a check this week into my checking account at my local bank. After it clears I am going to transfer it to a better account that pays more interest. Online only and I already have account with them.

My local bank hassles me all the time to invest with them but they pay little. So to avoid the repeated calls if I go 10 miles up the road to another branch do you think they will hassle me the same? I just need 3 to 5 days to get it out of there .

I can easily say no but my local branch all knows me on a personal level and sometimes that isn't cool.
The last time I walked into a bank was about 7 years ago. They said can we help you? I said yes, where are the deposit slips? Laughter. We haven’t used those in about 5 years. You need your debit card. Oh. Don’t have it. The branch mgr invited me in her office to discuss my deposit, if I want a free pre approved credit card, need a refi on my refi, any personal loans, home equity, how about an IRA?

Reminded me of Denzel Washington when the slip and fall client leaves, “How’s your back? Any lower back pain? Dizziness?Nightmares?” Cash justice 4U!

Took me 35 min to get out of there. I’m actually not sure if this is right. I think I got a check from the Sylvania light bulb class action and the $9 could not be deposited with mobile banking, so I needed to go inside to deposit in person. What a waste of time. 😂

The last time I walked into a bank was about 7 years ago. They said can we help you? I said yes, where are the deposit slips? Laughter. We haven’t used those in about 5 years. You need your debit card. Oh. Don’t have it. The branch mgr invited me in her office to discuss my deposit, if I want a free pre approved credit card, need a refi on my refi, any personal loans, home equity, how about an IRA?

Reminded me of Denzel Washington when the slip and fall client leaves, “How’s your back? Any lower back pain? Dizziness?Nightmares?” Cash justice 4U!

Took me 35 min to get out of there. I’m actually not sure if this is right. I think I got a check from the Sylvania light bulb class action and the $9 could not be deposited with mobile banking, so I needed to go inside to deposit in person. What a waste of time. 😂

That's nonsense on their part.
I don't go to the bank much anymore either but deposit slips are still in vogue ..trust me. That bank is a joke.

I have never had a debit card or MAC card and never will. They would be SOOL if I staggered in... 😂

One local bank always asks me for my debit card and then asks me if I have had a problem recently as my debit card is always locked, but they still take deposit slips. Actually the three use locally all have deposit slips readily available.

Why bother, virtually every Treasury Money Market fund is over 5%.
This particular account allows e-check deposits. No going through another account to get to something that provides a relatively decent, liquid return. The thread title is about hassle free check deposits.

Otherwise, yes keep your money in short term Tbills.

This particular account allows e-check deposits. No going through another account to get to something that provides a relatively decent, liquid return. The thread title is about hassle free check deposits.

Otherwise, yes keep your money in short term Tbills.
All the major brokers have mobile deposit.

Even Ameritrade? I've never seen that feature. And yes I haven't been switched over to Schwab yet and have no idea when that's going to happen.
IMG_1569.jpeg

From the Ameritrade app, under more on the lower right corner, next screen deposit check is in the middle of the screen.

From the Ameritrade app, under more on the lower right corner, next screen deposit check is in the middle of the screen.

I don't use phone apps unless absolutely necessary, and I certainly don't do any type of banking with my phone. The feature you describe is not available on Ameritrade's webpage (if I've missed that, let me know). That deposit feature is available on Ally's webpage.

I don't use phone apps unless absolutely necessary, and I certainly don't do any type of banking with my phone. The feature you describe is not available on Ameritrade's webpage (if I've missed that, let me know). That deposit feature is available on Ally's webpage.
No idea re the TD Ameritrade website. I’m assuming you are saying take a picture of a check front and back and then upload the pictures through the website. I’ve never done that with any bank/broker, didn’t know any places have that functionality have not done it on my phone.

To be fair I’ve never used it with Ameritrade either, just saw your post and checked.

Back