Has Mobil1 stopped making regular 0w-20?

It is no more. Things change. And so too we must change with it. It is oil though. Not your first born. Change type, viscosity, brand or start hoarding what you fancy.

Mobil 1™​

Designed to help keep your engine running like new by providing exceptional wear protection, cleaning power and overall performance.

5W-20 | 5W-30 | 10W-30 | 15W-50

Thanks all for the input, I appreciate the information provided. Looks like I’ll just continue with the M1 0w-20 and just get the Advanced Fuel Economy version. I know my last bottles never had this label on it, so it threw my off when I didn’t see anything else.

If we compare Mobil 1 0W-20 AFE to Pennzoil Platinum 0W-20, it's got a much lower VI, and should remain thicker at higher shear rates.

From the VOAs I've seen, it has more detergents, ZDDP, and moly, and also contains boron, whereas the PP doesn't have any. I'd have no concerns with its additive package (or that of the PP for that matter).

I think the idea behind lower additive levels in API SP oils, is that since they are low in calcium, they can use less anti-wear and friction modifier additives. This is because calcium increases friction, and it also competes with those other additives.

Thank you for the specifics, it’s good to know. I was looking at Pennszoil as a replacement 0w-20. Now knowing the M1 advanced fuel economy is their standard synthetic, I’ll continue to use that.

I haven’t heard anything about this but thank you for the info I’ll look into it. That’s totally incorrect about AFE it’s equal to TGMO and capable of 10k oci’s.

Ok thanks, it must have been some other oil then what I read about before.

It is no more. Things change. And so too we must change with it. It is oil though. Not your first born. Change type, viscosity, brand or start hoarding what you fancy.

Mobil 1™​

Designed to help keep your engine running like new by providing exceptional wear protection, cleaning power and overall performance.

5W-20 | 5W-30 | 10W-30 | 15W-50

Yes, I know. Not the end of the world. I dont want to change viscosity since it’s under warranty and if there’s an issue I dont want the viscosity to be a denial cause. I’ll probably continue with M1 and just get the advanced fuel economy.

whats your driving pattern i guess would better help?

I was going to say this in my reply above, but I drive this car like a baby, and less than 5000 miles per year. Mix between city and highway, nothing crazy going on. I wondering if it would be beneficial to switch to a cheaper 0w-20 since I don't drive that much, and I’ll still do the 1 year oil changes. Thoughts?

I was going to say this in my reply above, but I drive this car like a baby, and less than 5000 miles per year. Mix between city and highway, nothing crazy going on. I wondering if it would be beneficial to switch to a cheaper 0w-20 since I don't drive that much, and I’ll still do the 1 year oil changes. Thoughts?

what type of car? Na or Fi motor, is their gdi or dual or port injection only?

I think the newest version is called 0w20 for hybrid vehicles. It no longer has the green label.

All of these variants of Mobil1 0W-20 are currently available. All can be purchased from Amazon and Walmart, but physical stores will vary except for AFE 0W-20 which can be found everywhere.

Screenshot_20231128_060316_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231128_060356_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20231128_060356_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20231128_061113_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Back