Has Anyone Ever Bought A Used/Pre-Owned Cellphone (GAZELLE)

Couple years ago we all had used 6s off ebay. I think I had to replace all the batteries at some point, not hard, almost like it was designed to be replaced (almost). I think we all now have new ones though, just use too much, but would not bother me to go back to used.

My only holdup is the sim card, as long as I can swap at will I am ok. That means nano only, for now.

I never bought used or refurbished. Many times I would buy "last" years model or older but new. With 5g "new' I would be careful to make sure I got a fully developed 5g phone.
I have two brand new iPhone 13 from Dec 2021 or Jan 2022(?) but even those got on a deal from Tmobile for Magenta 55+ plan. Two new iPhone 13 were $1,600 But total cost to us was trading in our iPhone XR and iPhone 11 plus $300 or so. Which was a great limited time deal at the time.

Plus the cell service of $70 for two lines, all fees and taxes included PLUS FREE Netflix Basic and whatever else thrown in, everything included, unlimited everything including tethering, data on airplanes, oh heck I dont know as I dont use the stuff anyway, international calling whatever.

It really depends on your budget, 1st choice as others mentioned, choose an older model like an iPhone 12 or I wouldnt hesitate if looking just for price on an official iPhone refurbished from the Apple refurbished store, verify but last I knew Apple replaces the battery in all refurbished phones that they sell on their website and more. However they sell quick and I see as of this morning they only have the more expensive pro and max models right now.

I honestly dont know, nothing against the idea of preowned as long as you are sure of the battery. I do believe it as fact that Apple replaces the batteries in all their refurbished phones, (but verify) I dont know any others that do but I dont know much.

(I don't get the comments on the sanitary aspects of a used phone *LOL*, seems a little "out there" to me)

Last edited:
Have you ever bought a home lived in by someone else? Or rented a place lived in by someone else? Did you replace the toilets? Like they disinfect toilets to be clean the same is done with phones.
It's all relative. I have done all of those things, and none of them are ideal. I've never bought a used toilet brush. Or underwear.

Back