Harry’s razors

Originally Posted by zrxkawboy
I was thinking about trying Harry's razors. Anyone here use them?

I have not. But for a good shave, try a Merkur Razor + Feather Blades + Sir Hare Shaving Soap + Pinaud Clubman Aftershave Lotion. You will forget about cartridge razors at once.

Last edited:
I'm using them currently but for no other reason than the low cost of the replacement cartridges. When replacements are kept in a locked cabinet or locked to the shelves, they're too expensive ! I've tried every new razor that comes along and they're fine, except when you need to pay for replacements.

I too went to double edge shaving several years ago, and like you have not looked back. Very economical, and a very close comfortable shave. The only thing is I have ended up acquiring several different double edge razors and of course tried a couple of different blade brands, which of course has sort of counteracted the cost savings.

Nothing to add, but this thread makes me happy that at 30 years old I can't grow a beard. Ha. Goatee? Easy. Cheeks? Nothing. It's wonderful. Trim with electric, hit the cheeks once every week or two to catch the stragglers, and I'm good!

Originally Posted by 928
The head is too big- can't get in some places otherwise a good razor

That is what the single blade near the edge on the reverse side of the head id for. Easily cleans up the rest...

Originally Posted by zrxkawboy
I was thinking about trying Harry's razors. Anyone here use them?

I did at one time Very good razors and foo foo creams items. They got too expensive so I dropped out.

They advertise $5 but it reqires automatic ordering. Screw that. Went on amazon and bought Bick Hybred handle plus 65 cartridge -3 Blades for 6.28 including tax and shipping. One day delivery. Can't go wrong even If I don't like them.

Some praise for Dorco cartridge razors in this thread, but Amazon sells Dorco double-edge safety razor platinum 301 100-pack for $7-$8 which is one of the best deals on a good blade. Good mix of sharpness and smoothness. They sell Sharks for a good price too, though the cheapest are stainless which I can't recommend though plenty of other people like them for some reason. The chrome version is decent. And the platinum is great as long as you like very sharp.

I have a beard and so only shave my neck which I do in the shower with Irish Spring and the Harry's blades easily last me 3-4 months shaving every day and leaving them in the shower. For me...that's a hell of a deal.

I tried those Darco razers and didn't like them one bit. I buy the Gillette Fusion when they go on sale at Costco, well worth it.

I do like Harry's shaving cream and face scrub.

One Gillette Mach3 refill lasts me three months. I thought about Harry's but it just isn't practical enough.

They sell them at Walmart. I’ve never tried them though. I just use the cheapest bag of disposables my gf buys:D

My Harry's will last me even longer now. I hate shaving each morning so.... just grew a full beard. Grandkids love to laugh about it anyway
so thats a plus. Now they have their dad growing one too.

Back