You never know what you will find when you get off the beaten path - a Presidential visit and a shootout 1 mile apart

wwillson

Staff member
I had a few hours of daylight left when I stopped in Stuart, Iowa for the night last June. So I pulled up google maps to see if there was anything interesting around town. You just never know what you are going to find...

Cool. The Erie Turntable is not too far from me. It is one of the oldest if not the oldest operating turntable in the US and maybe even the world. Might snag a pic when the weather isn't so p00p. @99Saturn this lies at the end of the line.

Cool. The Erie Turntable is not too far from me. It is one of the oldest if not the oldest operating turntable in the US and maybe even the world. Might snag a pic when the weather isn't so p00p. @99Saturn this lies at the end of the line.
I might have to miss my stop one time and go to the end of the line. :D That's pretty cool, was checking out some pictures online.

I might have to miss my stop one time and go to the end of the line. :D That's pretty cool, was checking out some pictures online.
Yeah, it is. Do it in late spring though 'cause post Middletown PJ line looks the best then. Just remember to get earplugs for the Otisville tunnel. It sounds like someone blasting some cheap trap music through a 12" sub. Not joking, it really sounds like that when you go through it. I'll take a gander and say that your stop is in between Campbell Hall and Tuxedo.

Case in point...
IMG_2023-07-05_15-39-12.jpeg

I had a few hours of daylight left when I stopped in Stuart, Iowa for the night last June. So I pulled up google maps to see if there was anything interesting around town. You just never know what you are going to find...

Just watched Bonnie and Clyde movie (1967) this week. It sort of glamorized them in my opinion. The later movie with Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson (The Highwaymen) was a more interesting perspective about the two Texas Rangers that were tracking them.

Many years ago maybe 20 or so I went with my aunt to go get transcripts from a couple of college classes that I took in while in Highschool. We took the wrong turn and ended up in a neighborhood with a house that was a restaurant. It is a fantastic burger restaurant where the burgers are the size of dinner plates. Not too long ago the owner retired and sold it to and Indian family , which I found ironic as alot of Indians are vegetarians and definitely don't eat beef.

Back