Halloween

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
I followed my tradition-all lights off except the one illuminating the "NO TRESPASSING" sign.

Halloween scrooge!

I love Halloween and handing out candy for the kids...we get a good number of them every year...

Originally Posted by 02SE
I followed my tradition-all lights off except the one illuminating the "NO TRESPASSING" sign.

Jarl, serious question: Is there anything that you find enjoyable? Life is short. I truly hope that there is something that brings you a sliver of happiness.

Nope. Never been happy, just varying degrees of less-miserable.

Jarl, serious question: Is there anything that you find enjoyable? Life is short. I truly hope that there is something that brings you a sliver of happiness.

Finally someone who understands how I feel!

Originally Posted by dogememe

Finally someone who understands how I feel!

Well at least it's not the worst day of your life.

Originally Posted by dave1251
I hope your joking. If not you should talk to a therapist.

Absolutely 100% dead serious. Absolutely not willing to risk being locked in a nut house or chemically lobotomized.

We had 436 kids come by. We live in a subdivision called Sleepy Hollow, so yeah, it gets busy and all the neighbors get into it. I burned through 5 of those huge Sam's bags of candy in about 2.5 hours. Most kids still seemed polite and said thank you. Glad to hear that. Next year, I need to find me a horse and a costume that will look like the headless horseman and trot up and down the neighborhood.....that will freak some kids out.

Originally Posted by Schmoe
We had 436 kids come by. We live in a subdivision called Sleepy Hollow, so yeah, it gets busy and all the neighbors get into it. I burned through 5 of those huge Sam's bags of candy in about 2.5 hours. Most kids still seemed polite and said thank you. Glad to hear that. Next year, I need to find me a horse and a costume that will look like the headless horseman and trot up and down the neighborhood.....that will freak some kids out.

That would be awesome on Halloween living in Sleepy Hollow. Creepy!
thumbsup2.gif

It was my son's favorite holiday when he was a kid- he loved the old Universal monster movies when he was a toddler and enjoyed scaring his friends with masks and creepy stories.

Originally Posted by dave1251
I hope your joking. If not you should talk to a therapist.

Absolutely 100% dead serious. Absolutely not willing to risk being locked in a nuthouse or chemically lobotomized.

There are choices out there. Speak to a Phycologist or Psychiatrist. No one is going to lock you up. You sound like you are just dealing with anxiety and/or depression, which, in most cases can be remedied through counselling or cognitive behavioural therapy.

There is no shame in seeking help.
cheers3.gif

It bums me out but we don't have as many young kids in the neighborhood and haven't had any for a long time so we don't bother anymore. I use to put on a mask and hide in the bushes next to the porch and jump out and scare the little ones until I made a couple of them cry so I stopped doing it.

I entered a deep depression with the loss of all 4 grand parents within a couple years of each other. I was super close to them.

It took talking with a therapist and some medication to get over it. But I'm glad I did it because I was in a dark place prior and it wouldn't have ended well.

It doesn't mean you are weak or will be on them forever (if you need them) and it doesn't mean that you will need a therapist forever either. But it can change your life for the better by helping you in the short term.

Don't be afraid of it, embrace it and see where it can take you. You can always get off the train at any time.

Last edited:
We decided not to participate this year for the first time in many decades and left the porch lights off. Also disconnected the doorbell. Didn't have a single kid knock on the door. The city had several trick or treat events around town and being a school night, there weren't many little goblins out. Enjoyed halloween for many years but advanced age just can't do er anymore.

Originally Posted by StevieC
I entered a deep depression with the loss of all 4 grand parents within a couple years of each other. I was super close to them.

It took talking with a therapist and some medication to get over it. But I'm glad I did it because I was in a dark place prior and it wouldn't have ended well.

It doesn't mean you are weak or will be on them forever (if you need them) and it doesn't mean that you will need a therapist forever either. But it can change your life for the better by helping you in the short term.

Don't be afraid of it, embrace it and see where it can take you. You can always get off the train at any time.

I have no interest in a chemical lobotomy.

And talking to someone? ... I'm not on the so called "Chemical Lobotomy" any longer or do you think this is permanent?

Last edited:
You lost 4 grandparents and went into depression. I have been miserable for thirty years. I suspect any happy pills I go on would be permanent.

You lost 4 grandparents and went into depression. I have been miserable for thirty years. I suspect any happy pills I go on would be permanent.

It's the combination of talking to someone and sometimes the "happy pills" make the transition from where you are now to where you can be easier as you talk with that "Some one".

That's all I was getting at. It's not permanent and it's not something you can't stop if you want to.

There is a lot of good in life and we are on this planet for such a short time, way to short not to enjoy life. Maybe that will change once my dad finally passes (if you read that thread) but at the moment I enjoy each day but I wouldn't have if I didn't get over the very dark time in the 1990's.

I'll leave it here and wish you all the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back