GUMOUT ALL in ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Bonnelvr92
PS: SMB is found at your local dollar tree.

Isn't there methanol in SMB products?

The dirty way to tell how much PEA is in a cleaner...

How strong is the fishy smell? I've bought some stuff that you could smell as soon as you opened the bottle and others, it was just a hint.

The CT fuel system cleaner they killed off recently was truly stinky with fishyness. Too bad they got rid of it.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

Just means it doubles as fuel line deicer... heh

Last edited:

I've read a SDS which stated methanol was 80-90% of the product and the only cleaner was naphta at 5%. I'll pass on the outdated cleaner.

Originally Posted by dave1251

I've read a SDS which stated methanol was 80-90% of the product and the only cleaner was naphta at 5%. I'll pass on the outdated cleaner.

Seems like a small amount of naptha to do anything. Probably more cost effective, with better cleaning abilities, to buy a can of Stoddard solvent or VM&P Naptha and dose the fuel...or just buy some MMO in the gallon jug, i think it has both in it plus kerosene (for lubricant?🤔).

Quote Garak:

"Honestly, Canadian Tire would do well for themselves to take 75% of the products in their additive aisle, dump them in a shopping cart, and push that load of garbage to the hazardous waste disposal people. Our Walmarts, at least in this city, have cut down their automotive sections quite a bit, and the additive section got reduced. At least they kept some useful things, like PEA cleaners and real fuel stabilizers."

I do respect you, Garak, so I don't mean to be rude, but as other stores are reducing their selection of these products, CT is keeping and expanding theirs. CT makes a LOT of money off these products, and that is called having a good business plan.

Maybe a lot of these products are garbage, but CT is offering what people want, and staying in business in the process. Myself and a lot of people make their living from this.

About the whole methanol thing, some cars are ok to take methanol. Any way my car with the Buick 3800 tpi series 1 is ok with it anyway. If you want to use it you should look at if your car is ok with methanol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back