GTX Magnatec 10W-30 Synthetic Blend, Noack 6.9%

Status
Not open for further replies.
There you go man. I like what you are doing here and how you are thinking. Very smart indeed.
I am trying some Valvoline Maxlife 5w30 in the lady's 98 Camry. It goes through a quart in 3k miles typically. It has a valve cover seep. So far at 1k miles it has held steady. So far, so good. Very pleased with how quiet it runs on this too. Even better than Motorcraft 5w30. And I added a qt of Rislone as well.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
January 1985 it got below 0°F in that area of Florida. Even though obviously a 10w30 would be just fine at or below zero degrees Fahrenheit.

I remember that. I remember leaving the GF's house about midnight and my teeth chattering until the heater warmed up. The cold in Florida is a different animal than anywhere else I've lived. But, I promise you, I was running 20w50 (probably green Kendall GT) in the Camaro.

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Still waiting to see how much the Amsoil costs in comparison with 4.1% Noack LOL...

About the cheapest I've found is about $12.95 a quart.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Here you go Merk

Hey thanks Nick. Is NOACK percentage and Volatility percentage the same thing ?

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Here you go Merk

Yes

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Here you go Merk

Yes the same.

Let me help you Merk.

Magnatec 10W30, Noack Volatility = 6.95%
Chevron Supreme 10W30, Noack Volatility = 12.9 % (ewwwww)

Originally Posted By: SR5

Yes the same.

Let me help you Merk.

Magnatec 10W30, Noack Volatility = 6.95%
Chevron Supreme 10W30, Noack Volatility = 12.9 % (ewwwww)

To be fair, we're comparing a synth blend to a conventional oil here, and that Chevron result would be good enough for dexos1 (wrong grade, though).
But, yeah, you can't just assume 10W30 = low NOACK loss.

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
Originally Posted By: Rolla07
Still waiting to see how much the Amsoil costs in comparison with 4.1% Noack LOL...

About the cheapest I've found is about $12.95 a quart.

10w30 SS is 7.98 per quart, if purchased in a case of 4 gallons with pc discount. Pablo might be able to do better, that's the online price.

If you wanted to go XL, NOACK 4.8, same purchase parameters, it's only 5.82 per quart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back