Castrol GTX HM 10W-40 $1.65/qt AAP

Yep, I emailed them a pic when they declined and they approved it within 24 hours. I was actually impressed.
don't be, you got lucky, I spoke with the Rebate processing "manager" on duty, and none of the Clearance oil was supposed to be approved for rebates, the ones that were already approved, are going to continue to process, all my Carquest rebates (half of them) were declined even my proof of purchase, I don't care to argue as I bought 300+ jugs of both Castrol EP and Castrol GTX, and I have been approved for about 125 jugs.

don't be, you got lucky, I spoke with the Rebate processing "manager" on duty, and none of the Clearance oil was supposed to be approved for rebates, the ones that were already approved, are going to continue to process, all my Carquest rebates (half of them) were declined even my proof of purchase, I don't care to argue as I bought 300+ jugs of both Castrol EP and Castrol GTX, and I have been approved for about 125 jugs.
Unless clearance oil was specifically stated as ineligible in the T&C they could have a legal problem.

I understand you're satisfied but anyone could contact their stage AG and inquire about deceptive business practices or consumer fraud.

I haven't read the fine print myself, so maybe they covered themselves.

Unless clearance oil was specifically stated as ineligible in the T&C they could have a legal problem.

I understand you're satisfied but anyone could contact their stage AG and inquire about deceptive business practices or consumer fraud.

I haven't read the fine print myself, so maybe they covered themselves.
I am sure I could but it is not worth my time, in my opinion, I make excellent pay per hour.

though business practices have been getting worse and worse, Walmart and companies alike now want you to return things when they have clearly made errors and it is not the consumer's fault...many employees even close the door before the posted times for business hours...

Fortunately in NY an AG complaint form is super easy if ever needed… had to file one over a store trying to get out of honoring a warranty.

Even if you only get half of the rebates processed this deal only gets better! Even the $1.65/qt was amazing.

I never done that. And lost my receipts since getting "approved" for the rebate. So now just wondering if there is still a chance of getting that, or are my chances of getting the rebate are just as lost as those receipts are.
I did call today because I was curious. If your rebate has a tracking number and is "approved" there is nothing left to do. You only need to mail documentation if it was specifically requested during the approval process.

The person I spoke to was clearly from the US, so thumbs up from me for that.

Did anyone get the rebate for the Castrol purchase? I think it’s been 8-10 weeks X 2 already! What is the form of rebate? AAP gift card?

Took a little drive today, picked up 63 quarts from various stores. The last 4 quarts are being shipped; free since the order was over the threshold. Fortunately the order total, even if picked up in store, counts towards the threshold for free shipping.

I will post more pics and detailed info later, once I put it away. But from quick glance, some is SM, a lot of SN, some SN plus and even some SP. Also a few are some old packaging/bottles.

Should be a fine swill in the cammed 6.0 Tahoe or the Suburban.

View attachment 193502
Lol stocked up for days

Finally found the website with the details of the rebate processing. Status said “Payment Processed” (or something like that) on 20 MAR. So probably not much longer. I almost forgot about this rebate.

03/27/24 I received 1 Gift Card for $50

04/16/20 (Today) I received 24 Gift Cards for a total of $1330, I was approved for $1570 even according to rebate tracking, so I will have to make a call to see where the remaining $240 is.

Update: 2 of the cards that I tried to check the balance on, said the card was invalid, called customer service and they said, some of the cards that were sent out to customers were not activated and that might be the case with mine, so they will check all the 24 cards for activation and they will also send me the remaining $240 at the same time.

better than Pennzoil / Quaker State which have previously stopped replying on some old rebates that I sent in, and pretended like it didn't happen (the gift card rebates from Pennzoil have always been successful for me so far)

Last edited:
Back