Grease for Loader Pins without zerks

Question after doing some searching.

I have an older Massey Ferguson tractor with a loader. Two of the four pins have grease zerks on them, and after some use this past weekend, I thought about lubing them up.

But also realized that I can't just flush out the grease on the bottom pins with no fittings the same way. It's not really feasible for me to drill it for fittings, so what is the suggested lube for these pins? Oil? Something like a dry chain lube? Open to any ideas.

Good question for Massey Ferguson, in the meantime most any oil or grease would be better than nothing.

If there is no zerk then I’d say the manufacturer thinks the joint doesn’t need grease. I’m not sure you could effectively grease a non serviceable pin joint.

Just my $0.02

I didn't know if it made sense to pull the pins and coat them or try to use an oil can and squirt some in there, or if that would make it worse by attracting grit and making it like sandpaper....

if there are no zerks I would say greasing the joint half a$$ is more likely to attract dirt and debris and create you issues. If it has zerks the idea is the fresh grease pushes the contamination out of the joint.

If it were me, I'd leave the sleeping dogs alone...

Just my $0.02

Another thought, perhaps someone changed the lower pins in the past with whatever they could find, meaning no provision for a lubricant. 🤷🏻‍♂️
As a retired equipment mechanic of 36 years, I haven’t seen articulating/pivot joints on equipment without a method of lubricating.

Back