Got Sheds

Mine are a storage shed mainly for gardening supplies and the other a tool shed for outdoor tools.

My last house which my younger sister now lives in has a shed. Ceder, 8'X10'. A previous owner put it in. I wanted to replace the shed with something having a loft, but the city codes only allow for a 100 square foot.
A loft would add storage or could be a clubhouse for your kids.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by skyactiv
My last house which my younger sister now lives in has a shed. Ceder, 8'X10'. A previous owner put it in. I wanted to replace the shed with something having a loft, but the city codes only allow for a 100 square foot.
A loft would add storage or could be a clubhouse for your kids.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

cheers3.gif
That's a nice man cave.

Yes … my storage building (not on shed list, similar to picture) has a front and rear loft …

Originally Posted by tc1446
The "Old Shed" (built in 1929), the "new shed", and the "middle shed". They all get filled up with mostly junk!

Ain't that the truth … and have some junk stored in town, out of site, out of mind …

I've thought about making an additional shed/ barn thing or perhaps getting a shipping container, but it'll be cheaper just adding a lean to onto my existing pole barn.

Wife doesn't want a shipping container because of how tacky it'll look, but it'll be behind the barn and won't be seen from the house or road. I would also paint it barn color. It's no different than somebody with 20 cars and a few campers spread throughout their property, but it's best not to argue. Lol.

Last edited:
A friend in Louisiana added those wings to his barn … once he moved boats and tractor etc, etc under those … he finally has working shop space inside …

Originally Posted by Skippy722
Da shed, as in "You guys go putcher toys in da shed!" because y'know, Chicago.

I don't recall seeing a lot of sheds in Chicago yards.

Originally Posted by 4WD
A friend in Louisiana added those wings to his barn … once he moved boats and tractor etc, etc under those … he finally has working shop space inside …

Nice. I'm trying to get some ideas on how to fasten the higher side onto the barn. I've seen some people just use a 2x8 or 10 and some hoist hangers. Seems simple enough I guess.

Back