Got a new bike too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like G-MAN, I took advantage of H-D's promotional offer to trade in my '08 Sportster...

2009_0101GTG20070081.jpg

on something a little bigger.
thumbsup2.gif

pnw_toflhr_dom_c01_sws_w1280-1.jpg

Picked-up the Road King yesterday afternoon and got in a nice, leisurely 72 mile ride back to my home. The weather got pretty bad, so I didn't get any decent photos to post because of the gray skies. Maybe later this week.

Very nice ride. But I have to tell you, the Super Glide is Harley's real "Road King."
wink.gif

Awesome King! That will be my next bike for sure. I want to build a street monster custom RK that is stripped with no bags or windshield and tons of chrome....kind of like a King-Bobber

Originally Posted By: G-MAN
Very nice ride. But I have to tell you, the Super Glide is Harley's real "Road King."
wink.gif

Thanks!

Actually, the Super Glide made my short-list of bikes considered. My brother-in-law has an '06 and it's an awesome ride.

Originally Posted By: PT1
Awesome King! That will be my next bike for sure. I want to build a street monster custom RK that is stripped with no bags or windshield and tons of chrome....kind of like a King-Bobber

I have similar customizing plans. The King already rolls on a set of 2009 FLHX wheels and will be be slightly de-chromed. I saw an '07 FLHRS last summer that had the chopped, smoked windscreen and really liked the looks of it.

I had the Sportster exactly 6 months and 4 days and put 8,120 miles on her in that time. It was with some misgivings that I traded her in. Too bad I couldn't have both!
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: a4tdi
I had the Sportster exactly 6 months and 4 days and put 8,120 miles on her in that time. It was with some misgivings that I traded her in. Too bad I couldn't have both!
frown.gif

Yeah, I know...I traded my Sporty on a LowRider. Hated to see it go because it was fun BUT...I was suffering from lackafunds disease....
grin2.gif
THAT said...you are going to love the RK. You won't get tired of it at all.

Yep, thumbs up on the Road King...I went from my first Harley of a '96 1200 Sportster Sport to a '97 Road King and I'm still riding it. A good friend of mine started out with a '07 V Rod and after it staying in the shop more than on the road, he got credit for it and got a '08 Road King, he misses the quickness of the V Rod but the Road King has been all riding pleasure and no shop time and his wife enjoys the ride much more too, as a matter of fact, she picked it out and I naturally encouraged him to get it as well.

Safe riding,
1WildPig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back