Goodyear Reliant Tires for the kid

Needing some tires for the kid‘s Kia, I couldn’t beat the price on these Goodyear Reliants from Walmart. Everything online said they were made in Mexico, these are stamped made in USA. Tread measures at 11/32”. I think these will serve her well. They have a 60,000 mile warranty, enough to get her through college, then it’s her problem :)

IMG_6016.jpegIMG_6018.jpegIMG_6019.jpeg

if I'm reading that DOT code correctly when zooming in, 1M6 indicates a Goodyear plant in Lawton, OK.
I've Been to Lawton! My best Friends Little bro went through basic training there (Ft.Sill)

Needing some tires for the kid‘s Kia, I couldn’t beat the price on these Goodyear Reliants from Walmart. Everything online said they were made in Mexico, these are stamped made in USA. Tread measures at 11/32”. I think these will serve her well. They have a 60,000 mile warranty, enough to get her through college, then it’s her problem :)

View attachment 178641View attachment 178642View attachment 178643
Alingment done?
Decent tire, better than what other college kids will have and will keep her safe.

I was looking at these for my wife's 08 Liberty which is going to need tires before the winter. @ $125/tire they seemed like a good price, especially for an 18" tire. Thanks for sharing.

Alingment done?
Decent tire, better than what other college kids will have and will keep her safe.
Yep, drove straight from Walmart to the alignment shop. Only the toe was out on the front and back. Everything else was still in spec.

Those aren't the Reliants of the 90's 😅 .. I think either our 88 Reliant or the 88 Dakota came with Goodyear Reliants from the factory.
I had a set of OEM Goodyear Wrangler HP (I think they were) on a 96 Ram 1500. Those tires swore me off of Goodyears until I bought these for her. These actually seem like they’ll be fairly decent tires, I hope.

I was looking at these for my wife's 08 Liberty which is going to need tires before the winter. @ $125/tire they seemed like a good price, especially for an 18" tire. Thanks for sharing.

@demarpaint, If you can wait until Thanksgiving, WalMart will likely have $80 off a set of any 4 Goodyear tires AND free basic mounting and balancing ($12/tire) as part of their annual Black Friday sales promotion. They have been doing this promo for the past ~10 years and it will save you approximately $128. The key is to buy the tires during the BF sales period (~7 days), but schedule installation for a week later after the traffic subsides.
Here is a snapshot of their 2021 BF sales flyer:
1695070751301.jpg

@demarpaint, If you can wait until Thanksgiving, WalMart will likely have $80 off a set of any 4 Goodyear tires AND free basic mounting and balancing ($12/tire) as part of their annual Black Friday sales promotion. They have been doing this promo for the past ~10 years and it will save you approximately $128. The key is to buy the tires during the BF sales period (~7 days), but schedule installation for a week later after the traffic subsides.
Here is a snapshot of their 2021 BF sales flyer:
View attachment 179269
Thanks! I can wait. I just hope they don't discontinue them. I've bought tires in the past from WMT and had good luck. These particular tires are new to me. I don't have a WMT near me that does the installation, I was going to bring it to a local shop. If I can still grab them, get the free shipping and save $80 it's still a deal.

Thanks! I can wait. I just hope they don't discontinue them. I've bought tires in the past from WMT and had good luck. These particular tires are new to me. I don't have a WMT near me that does the installation, I was going to bring it to a local shop. If I can still grab them, get the free shipping and save $80 it's still a deal.
I believe the Reliant model is a newer Goodyear tire that is a WalMart exclusive which should be around for several more years. WalMart.com will ship them for free to your home or tire shop as you prefer. Good luck and mark your calendar to look for the Walmart Black Friday ad in mid-November!

I believe the Reliant model is a newer Goodyear tire that is a WalMart exclusive which should be around for several more years. WalMart.com will ship them for free to your home or tire shop as you prefer. Good luck and mark your calendar to look for the Walmart Black Friday ad in mid-November!
Will do and many thanks!

Looking at new tires 'for the kid,' as well! It's a vehicle with 237K miles, so I'm not sure how much longer (a year or two) we'll have it; thus, not wanting to spend too much.

Thanks for the heads-up on the Walmart/Goodyear promo coming up.

Another tire I am considering is the Ohtsu FP7000. It has some pretty decent reviews. Does anyone have any person experience with them?

Thanks!

Looking at new tires 'for the kid,' as well! It's a vehicle with 237K miles, so I'm not sure how much longer (a year or two) we'll have it; thus, not wanting to spend too much.

Another tire I am considering is the Ohtsu FP7000. It has some pretty decent reviews. Does anyone have any person experience with them?

Thanks!
My first experience with that tire was on a 2006 crown Vic interceptor that was used as a taxi. I ran them on the Volvo 240 and the Mercedes 190d. (both as a staggered setup) as a cheap "performance" all season I was pretty impressed with them except for tread life. On the Volvo, they lasted about 35,000- 40,000 miles. The Mercedes and CVPI burned through them in about 20,000 (independent rear suspension on the merc had weak coil springs which caused negative camber. The CVPI was simply because of me channeling my inner Elwood blues.)

I waited as you suggested, Black Friday for the tires I wanted started at 3:00 ET today. I ordered them and saved $120 on 4 tires. THANKS!!

They'll be mounted and balanced the beginning of December when I get the NYS inspection done.

Thanks!
The WalMart Black Friday tire sale started today. See Post #18 above for details. By the way, the Ohtsu FP7000 is a relatively noisy tire.

Back