Good/Best Cabin Filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I was looking forward to replace cabin filters on my car
2008 Nissan Tiida/Versa.

I wanted to know which brand makes good or very good cabin filters for cars.

Also I wanted to know if carbon activated filters are worth the extra buck, since I am allergic to dust.

Suggest me some good cabin filters.
I want something better than OEM at similar range of cost.

You can't go wrong with a Wix or Purolator brand cabin filter.

the charcoal activated ones are supposed to reduce/eliminate odors.
However, the air that passes through is super quick, I sincerely doubt the activated charcoal would have any affect on the odor of the air. But.. if you have the air recirculated inside the car vs. fresh air from outside, I could maybe see that a charcoal impregnated filter might help.
But honestly I wouldn't worry about it. I still don't believe they do much.
Just having a cabin filter already is a huge help!

I would just get the cheapest one and change it often. I replaced mine after 1 year in use.. and it was incredibly dirty!! Personally get the cheapest and replace every 6 months or less would be my advice.

I have used both Wix & Purolator brands.
The Wix is definitely made better IMHO. Wait for a killer
sale, buy a few pairs and you are set for a while!

JP

I like the Fram freshbreeze cabin filters, very sturdy. I think Amazon sold the Corolla filter for $13. Also, it's the charcoal type.

With cabin filters the fit is important, so fit varies by application. Between oem or wix or even purolator I would buy the snug fitting filter that was hopefully cheaper, usually it's after market because oem stuff can be over priced depending on where it's purchased.

Originally Posted By: panthermike
I like the Fram freshbreeze cabin filters, very sturdy.

I saw them $18 + tax locally. I said [censored]? and ordered no brand cheap ones online $5 shipped.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
Originally Posted By: panthermike
I like the Fram freshbreeze cabin filters, very sturdy.

I saw them $18 + tax locally. I said [censored]? and ordered no brand cheap ones online $5 shipped.

I think most of the time, that will suffice. The only reason I use the Fram now is that I had a flimsy one actually fail on me(Wix). Probably just a strange occurrence I imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back