Going to Albuquerque Balloon Fest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Get a green chile cheeseburger at Blake's. Forget about Roswell. Nothing but a money making scam.Be alert at all times. Albuquerque has a very high crime rate so don't depend on quick police response. The APD is way down on manpower due to ongoing multiple federal investigations due to use of excessive force. The balloon festival always brings out low life looking for an easy mark.

Thanks, yeah I looked at the crime. looks like somebody let 2000 people out of jail.

How was your balloon ride?

We went on Saturday as I mentioned. Line was LONG. But it was worth it. We saw night glow that morning on the way in and on the way to the airport this AM. We took tons of pictures, I don't have many on my PC right now. As I stated a HUGE amount of cars flowing into the place, and they are slow collecting the parking $. Not so well thought out. They had a huge balloon racing bike (Yamaha) that took a long time to fill, but really was not flyable. Some really cool balloons. By noon we were peopled out and split.

Earlier in the week we went to Tent Rocks. AWESOME place, but the slot canyon was flowing and then thundershowers.........BIG thundershowers started so we got out. We went to Copper Canyon Friday. WOW what a great place. On the way back we went to Plaza Blanca, spectacular. Both places seem like they are off the tourist radar.

One balloon:

Copper Canyon:

Leaving Copper Canyon:

Plaza Blanca

Originally Posted By: Pablo
How was your balloon ride?

We went on Saturday as I mentioned. Line was LONG. But it was worth it. We saw night glow that morning on the way in and on the way to the airport this AM. We took tons of pictures, I don't have many on my PC right now. As I stated a HUGE amount of cars flowing into the place, and they are slow collecting the parking $. Not so well thought out. They had a huge balloon racing bike (Yamaha) that took a long time to fill, but really was not flyable. Some really cool balloons. By noon we were peopled out and split.

Earlier in the week we went to Tent Rocks. AWESOME place, but the slot canyon was flowing and then thundershowers.........BIG thundershowers started so we got out. We went to Copper Canyon Friday. WOW what a great place.

On the way back we went to Plaza Blanca, spectacular. Both places seem like they are off the tourist radar.

One balloon:

Copper Canyon:

[img:gal:50259dadb09abfde]https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/attachments/usergals/2017/10/full-502-13498-copcanyon.jpg[/image

Leaving Copper Canyon:

Plaza Blanca

Hi, that was fun! Got home at 9 Monday night.
Took lots of pix. I need to go through them then lll post!!!

Balloon ride was fantastic. The pilot did a splash and dash on the Rio Grande!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back