Go back to 1959, a bygone era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Claud
School children going through nuclear attack drills, colored people subjected to random violence, even lynchings with no consequences for the perpetrators in many parts of the USA, lakes and rivers used as open sewers for disposing of toxic industrial waste. Any man deciding to wear his hair long a social pariah.
America probably at the peak of its success, nobody had ever heard of Vietnam, mostly living standards were rising, rock'n'roll taking off, efficient contraception available to women becoming a reality, huge strides in in science and technology.
Just like today, many good things happening, but many bad things too.

Claud.
Well said Sir. Seems we still have a lot of the bad and not so much of the good

Originally Posted By: barryh
I was 5 and this was what I was driving back then.

It must have understeered something fierce with all that positive camber in the front!

Originally Posted By: A_Harman

It must have understeered something fierce with all that positive camber in the front!

Well it was a used car and I was one of 5 kids so it had done a lot miles and never been serviced.

1959 will be remembered one way or another, depending upon your skin color, your faith, and your ancestry.

1959 was a time of racial prejudice, hate and bigotry in the USA. Its a little better now...

These are pictures I took at the Don Garlits Museum a few years ago. Any chance these could be cars from the video? Cool place to spend an afternoon. BTW, I was born in 66.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lovcom
1959 will be remembered one way or another, depending upon your skin color, your faith, and your ancestry.

1959 was a time of racial prejudice, hate and bigotry in the USA. Its a little better now...

Emphasis on "little" above.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back