GMT 800 Suburban (Worth selling XJ Cherokee?)

Even as old as they are, these trucks are still a dime a dozen. It's not the last you'll ever see. Keep an eye out later on and you'll probably find an even nicer one.

Don't worry about it.

Even as old as they are, these trucks are still a dime a dozen. It's not the last you'll ever see. Keep an eye out later on and you'll probably find an even nicer one.

Don't worry about it.
I honestly believe this is the best opportunity I'll have. The miles and the shape it's in, one owner from new, I feel like you have to know the person or pay a huge premium that I would not pay. I guess it can't hurt now to say we had agreed on a price of $5600 because he's ready to move on, so I think it's a no brainer deal.
Hmmm. Can you replace the wife's car with the suburban?
Nah, she just isn't interested in it as a daily driver.

I honestly believe this is the best opportunity I'll have. The miles and the shape it's in, one owner from new, I feel like you have to know the person or pay a huge premium that I would not pay. I guess it can't hurt now to say we had agreed on a price of $5600 because he's ready to move on, so I think it's a no brainer deal.

Nah, she just isn't interested in it as a daily driver.
If its clean and not rusted, $5600 is a really good buy.

There are very, very few decent rides at that price.

Put the wife in the Suburban! I did two years ago and she don’t want anything else. We are probably an anomaly.
Haha, not in my area. The Suburban or Tahoe is very popular with moms around here. But, she doesn't want an older vehicle for a DD, and not to mention the commute would not be great for a ~18mpg beast.

If its clean and not rusted, $5600 is a really good buy.

There are very, very few decent rides at that price.
I know! That's why it was a bummer to have to pass. I think honestly there was room for a flip, but I'm not a flipper. Plus realistically I'd want to keep it. 😅

Truthfully you'd be lucky to squeak out about 15mpg with a Suburban unless you're doing 100% interstate driving.

Truthfully you'd be lucky to squeak out about 15mpg with a Suburban unless you're doing 100% interstate driving.
Yeah both our commutes get basically highway cycle mpg, thankfully.

Just wasn't meant to be.. I liked it but not enough to commit to selling my Jeep.

Back