GM 2.0 Liter Turbo I4 Ecotec LTG Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: ls1mike

Lightning lap times
Just because I am bored.
Like I said fun is subjective
Worst part about it is they couldn't figure out how to turn off Stabilitrak. It would have done much better with it disabled.

Don't judge too much on those times as they are run in "as delivered" condition. I remember there were cars with all season rubber! Not the greatest track setup.

Back OT, I like simpler engines. Always been partial to pushrod V8's because of their power, sound, and long life. I still can't believe that these highly pressurized engines will run a half million miles like we have had here.

But I love the tech, it's entertaining. And I adore VIR! An extremely cool track...

While they are in as delivered condition is about the best gauge from a magazine as to what a car off the showroom floor can do.

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
I think the Buick Regal and GS have this engine too. Never driven one. A guy who lives near me has a '14 Regal Turbo, and he says it has a bit of turbo lag. Nowhere have I read or heard that. True? Or is just his car?

Ours does not exhibit that, but I have heard some people complain of it. I think it has to do with how each individual car's computer learns the driver.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
I think the Buick Regal and GS have this engine too. Never driven one. A guy who lives near me has a '14 Regal Turbo, and he says it has a bit of turbo lag. Nowhere have I read or heard that. True? Or is just his car?

Ours does not exhibit that, but I have heard some people complain of it. I think it has to do with how each individual car's computer learns the driver.

Definitely. And it can be throttle lag that feels like turbo lag in a DBW system based on the adaptives. My Wife sometimes plays with one in her AM run. They are quite peppy!

GM has some really good small turbo drivetrains right now. What I like about them is they can rack up the miles without issue. And they also respond well to tuning. GM seems to be leaving power on the table for durability and flexibility with fuel types. Good for owners who aren't the best about maintenance, and good for the owners who want a little extra power.

I have the LNF (which is like Gen 2 of the high performance Ecotec engiens) which is 1 or 2 generations older than the LTG, in my 09 Cobalt SS Turbo. I tuned it to run about 21 psi of boost and it produces well over 320 hp. Talk about torque steer and smoking the tires in 1st and 2nd gear!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back