Global Innovation Index

Hmmm I need to look this one over.

1700056755906.png

The usual suspects but Singapore surpsises me. I'm assuming they're doing well in the Oil segment to boost their economy. Much like other modern civilizations do of course. I'm currently running Oil produced in Singapore. LOL

The usual suspects but Singapore surpsises me. I'm assuming they're doing well in the Oil segment to boost their economy. Much like other modern civilizations do of course. I'm currently running Oil produced in Singapore. LOL

Banks and money laundering is huge in Switzerland and Singapore with faux corporations setup, which leads me to believe this study doesn't take that into account (which works be impossible to measure anyways I think.)

There is an exceedingly long list of mostly Western and tangible, American innovation. Clearly, very high technology exists in all developed countries. However, the innovation that drives prosperity is often American.

We are all familiar with the basics, the Telephone, Edison bulb, airplane, liquid fueled rocket, moon landing, transistor, computer, internet and so on. What many people miss is the innovation of today. DNA, the human genome, immunotherapy and stuff like: glucagon-like peptide receptor agonist (GLP-1)

There is an exceedingly long list of mostly Western and tangible, American innovation. Clearly, very high technology exists in all developed countries. However, the innovation that drives prosperity is often American.

We are all familiar with the basics, the Telephone, Edison bulb, airplane, liquid fueled rocket, moon landing, transistor, computer, internet and so on. What many people miss is the innovation of today. DNA, the human genome, immunotherapy and stuff like: glucagon-like peptide receptor agonist (GLP-1)
Neuralink. Mission statement:

Create a generalized brain interface to restore autonomy to those with unmet medical needs today and unlock human potential tomorrow.

Neuralink isn't the only one working on this, but I find it simply amazing.
The medical research and advances are my favorite.

I think there are lots of innovations today that's actually happening far faster than in the past, just not in a physical form you can touch or see in person like you used to.

Warehouses and data centers are really cutting edge, handling a lot of work we used to do by hands with automation. People have so much access to everything they can work from home, pick up kids in the mid day, cooking between meetings, bring kids to the park on work breaks, etc. In the past even just 100 years ago a middle class would likely have to hire a helper to do the basic household chores let alone 2 parents working. Kids used to have to work after school by helping their parents in their work (shop keeping, farming, etc).

All because of innovations.

With satellite internet like starlink eventually people can move further away from urban area and still work and make a living, unlike in the old days you have to work in the city and live in a crowded environment due to affordability.

Back