Give dog up or beg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to say the couple posters who were so obnoxious and rude may have caused him to not post on it further which is a shame. Don't blame him though. Hope the dog is ok.

Same here i spent literally thousands on vet bills for one of my previous parrots. We tried everything humanly possible and every test know but we lost her anyway.

I only sleep good at night knowing there was nothing more i could have done for her and no more money that could have been spent.
I hope this little dog is okay and LS is not staying away for a couple of awful comments from a few posters.

+1. What broke our heart was when we were awoken by our car and rushed her to the vet, her hindquarters were cold already, indicating long term blood stoppage.

LS knows the basis and treatment. So dealable, and not even a ton of money. So sad.

Hope he updates and gets back to us so we can facilitate treatment.

I sent to the e-mail address we have on file. I ask him to check the web site because he has several members wanting to donate to the little ones medical bill and medicine. I hope we hear something soon.

Helen

Originally Posted By: hr1940
I sent to the e-mail address we have on file. I ask him to check the web site because he has several members wanting to donate to the little ones medical bill and medicine. I hope we hear something soon.

Helen

Thank you Helen.
Considering we fight about how many hairs can be split how many times,and fly off the handle over 5ppm its nice to see the troops rally to the aid of an anonymous screen name when potential harm is mentioned.
It shows evil hasn't won yet,and random people still have it in their hearts to help in whatever way they can.
The good guys are still winning

Originally Posted By: Trav
Same here i spent literally thousands on vet bills for one of my previous parrots. We tried everything humanly possible and every test know but we lost her anyway.

I only sleep good at night knowing there was nothing more i could have done for her and no more money that could have been spent.
I hope this little dog is okay and LS is not staying away for a couple of awful comments from a few posters.

Nothing worse than losing an old friend. Everything eventually passes but that doesn't make it any easier when it actually happens.

I'll help if someone will tell me where...

They're like most doctors TBH.
It's all about the $$$$$$$$

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
First all let me say I hate veternarians. They are the number one scumbags in my book. I have two black cats. One got out and spent the night and ended up. Bringing back mange. You can go on Amazon and buy Lime/sulfer treatment for Dogs/Cats/horses for 11.95 plus shipping. If you really want to go full budget. Hydrogen proxide and borax work as well. Read the directions online. Veternarians in Florida are terriable. Can anyone tell me why Flea Medicine and Heartgard are perscription. I have a 13 yo Rottweiler. I am not about to spend 150 dollars to get Flea medicine. I took her to a clinic to keep her on Heartgard. My one cat had a urine blockage, they wanted 700 dollars to give a cat a cathider. I put the cat down over a simple urine blockage. I hope all Veternarians that operate under those practices die a slow and anognizing death.

I live in FL and my Vet is wonderful. She comes to my house!

Vets are like any other trade, there are bad and good in there. Shop around and ask your neighbors with pets for a referral.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Vets are like any other trade, there are bad and good in there. Shop around and ask your neighbors with pets for a referral.

Very true!
My vet runs an animal hospital close to LS. She is a renowned avian vet and a Parrot owner, she really cares.
she arranged for special test and consulted with Harvard veterinary medical school and all sorts of things including looking after her through the night for 2 weeks.

Make a long story short although she was only 3 she had been ill for a long time. I got her as a rescue when she was a year old.
The illness she had had been incubating and had gone too far be be reversed.

This same vet arranged for me to get a new born CAG from a very good source and has worked with her since birth.
She has other vets on staff that specialize in other animals including dogs.

LS if you are reading this go to this vet. She is not far from you IIRC.
PM me before you go and i will make the payment arrangements and take care of it with the great people on this board after the little guy is all fixed. You will have nothing to worry about, i have an account there.

http://www.littletonanimalhospital.com/l...exandra-kilgore

Edit: This is just an offer. If you want to do it another way the offer to help stands.

Last edited:

Agreed. My vet is wonderful. Always worked with me when Thunder needed something major and I couldn't afford it all in one lump sum. The day I took Thunder in to be put down everyone at the Vet was crying with me. The Vet I use there( 3 of them )actually came out of surgery( in between animals - not the middle of something )to do it himself as he had treated Thunder most of the time. He wouldn't let anyone else do it They sent us a card and some flowers after as well. Great folks.

As I said earlier it sounds like the OP needs to look for a new Vet.

Originally Posted By: Trav

Very true!
My vet runs an animal hospital close to LS. She is a renowned avian vet and a Parrot owner, she really cares.
she arranged for special test and consulted with Harvard veterinary medical school and all sorts of things including looking after her through the night for 2 weeks.

Make a long story short although she was only 3 she had been ill for a long time. I got her as a rescue when she was a year old.
The illness she had had been incubating and had gone too far be be reversed.

This same vet arranged for me to get a new born CAG from a very good source and has worked with her since birth.
She has other vets on staff that specialize in other animals including dogs.

LS if you are reading this go to this vet. She is not far from you IIRC.
PM me before you go and i will make the payment arrangements and take care of it with the great people on this board after the little guy is all fixed. You will have nothing to worry about, i have an account there.

http://www.littletonanimalhospital.com/l...exandra-kilgore

Edit: This is just an offer. If you want to do it another way the offer to help stands.

Trav:

This is an incredibly generous offer and I truly hope the OP takes you up on it.

think the problems is not the $65 but "each year the Vet(s) want complete evaluations just to tell me whats wrong. $250. "
You need to evaluate where Your money goes.
Maybe you can find a cheaper vet or younger technician who knows how to work on them.

It cost me about $2,700 the last day of my dog's life and it could have been a lot more. The $2,700 got me his leash, collar, and tags.

The Vet was only in it for the money, and had I not stopped him in his tracks it would have doubled. He had brain cancer and there was no hope of saving him, they wanted another $2,500 for a Neurologist vet to scan his brain. When I asked if that information would save him, or just tell them the location and size of the tumor, they were speechless. Then after a bit more probing the answer was your dog is suffering and is going to die, at that point I asked that they put him down. I would have gladly paid every penny they wanted and more if they could have saved him. Some of these Vets know how to play on your sympathy and weakened state when a loved pet is sick. That $2,700 covered an Emergency after hours visit, exam, IV, an overnight stay, and putting him down.

Hadn't been online for a few days last week, or I would have commented sooner. To the people who complain about vets just ripping people off, yes it does happen. But then there are people in every walk of life who are there just to rip people off. My son wants to be an animal vet and please remember that a vet has 7-8 years of college before he/she can become a genuine vet. Also, there is the cost of the practice, the assistants, the people who answer the phone, insurance, taxes, and the cost of the tools that they need to be a successful veterinarian. (Anybody price an X-ray machine lately?) So sometimes the vet has to charge a lot just to keep his doors open.
We also have a chihuahua who was dumped on us and he is now like a member of the family. It's going to be a sad day when our dog passes away.
LS, I hope all things go great with your dog. PM sent.

Yah, this is a situation where even the best outcome isn't very good. If you take an animal in, you have to have an exit plan. I put my 21 yr old cat down this winter. It was a hard choice, but a necessary one. I'm not ready for the next pet. I want to get a short haired shepherd mix on the medium size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back