gift/B-day for wife ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZZman
Best gift I got my wife was a Kitchen Aide Stand mixer. That will last a lifetime!

They aren't close to free though! My wife just ordered the biggest one and even on sale plus mail in rebate, it was still something like $600!
My wife likes me making dinner for her as a free gift.

I put back $100 a month last year and got my wife a nice set of diamond earrings. On sale, plus coupons, they ended up being half price. This year get yours a card and a nice dinner. Plan ahead for next year.

Candle light dinner.

Get yourself up on the table, put a candle in your belly button and light it. You can figure out the rest.....(so I dont get banned)

let us know how it works out....

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
They aren't close to free though! My wife just ordered the biggest one and even on sale plus mail in rebate, it was still something like $600!

My wife likes this, too, but then she will act like any meat I make her is undercooked and just pick at it or even throw it in the microwave...frustrating as heck.

I've told her that I prefer she doesn't make a big dinner and that I am happy with just having good bread and hummus whenever I get home, but she still cooks whatever she likes without consulting me and then acts like she has done me a big favor. If I don't eat what she made, she acts hurt and asks what was wrong with it. I guess we have a little dysfunction going on here.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZZman
I agree on a spa treatment or maybe a massage. They like pampering.

What he says ^^^^^^^!

Good luck.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Pandora, although IMO gimmicky go down really well.

There's enough little trinkets (they are good quality), that you can find a couple to celebrate the "0" day, and something meaningful to both of you.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi

My wife likes this, too, but then she will act like any meat I make her is undercooked and just pick at it or even throw it in the microwave...frustrating as heck.

I've told her that I prefer she doesn't make a big dinner and that I am happy with just having good bread and hummus whenever I get home, but she still cooks whatever she likes without consulting me and then acts like she has done me a big favor. If I don't eat what she made, she acts hurt and asks what was wrong with it. I guess we have a little dysfunction going on here.

I guess if its her dinner she gets decide how well done the meat is. I like rare but my wife will sometimes do steak to just warmish in the middle! She doesn't like it either when I give it a zap in the microwave, but if you use low power level you can bring it up to rare temps without over cooking any of it. Anyways our spouses aren't eating our meat so I guess we shouldn't make a big deal of it.

Maybe rent a old style pinstripe suit with a vest and some flapper clothes, head to the Green Mill, and pretend to be Al Capone and his moll while you dance to some jazz? Believe he used to own the place...

Just to steal an idea OP, ever been to Tommy Gun's Garage?

I guess if its her dinner she gets decide how well done the meat is. I like rare but my wife will sometimes do steak to just warmish in the middle! She doesn't like it either when I give it a zap in the microwave, but if you use low power level you can bring it up to rare temps without over cooking any of it. Anyways our spouses aren't eating our meat so I guess we shouldn't make a big deal of it.

I hear you here, but I feel like I go to great lengths to cook things to my wife's satisfaction and it's just never enough. I will grill a chicken breast for her twice as long as one I'm giving to my daughter, to the point of being almost dry, and then cut it in half to show how thoroughly it's cooked...she still cuts it into tiny pieces and inspects every one, then maybe they still go in the microwave. I sometimes feel like just serving her a hunk of carbon that used to be chicken to see if that does it for her.
I used to love bloody beef, but it kind of grosses me out now and I tend to buy myself thin steaks of whatever cut to grill so they're done in just a few minutes. I get the grill nice and hot and cook my steak close to the flame so it'll sear even though it's in there a short time, my wife's chicken close by so it get cooked to death, and then my daughter's chicken on a raised surface because she doesn't like the grill marks. At least my daughter and I are usually happy with the results!

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Maybe rent a old style pinstripe suit with a vest and some flapper clothes, head to the Green Mill, and pretend to be Al Capone and his moll while you dance to some jazz? Believe he used to own the place...

Just to steal an idea OP, ever been to Tommy Gun's Garage?

Looked this up and it sounds fun to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back