Geubuntu 7.10 - Enlightenment Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too had no luck this evening downloading it.

If you have an older computer you may want to try Linux Mint Daryna XFCE or Daryna 4.0 (Gnome version).

Link To Web Site

The XFCE desktop run well on an older computer.

If you go with the Gnome version I recommend that you shut off all the eye candy as it will give a great boost in performance.

I have tried several distributions and have been running the Gnome version of Linux Mint for awhile and like it.

Linux Mint is based on Ubuntu Gusty Gibbon Version 7.10.

They fixed their download link.

I downloaded it and did a clean install am using now. Much Geek Knowledge to setup unlike Linux Mint (based on Ubuntu) or PCLinuxOS.

Sr, do you like it? I d-loaded last night and set it up on a 700MHz/512Mb machine; the interface is snappy, but I found the default styles insufferable. Booting it now, once again to give it a better look over.

So far so good. It's very fast but did require some "tweaking" regarding eye candy, etc.

Used automatix for some of the setup as far as Java, etc.

Link To Web Site

Seems that there is no end to various and sundry tweaking that can be done?

I used Ubuntuzilla to update both Firefox and Thunderbird to the latest versions.

Link To Web Site

Enlightenment provides plenty of eye candy and has a much lighter footprint that either Gnome or KDE.

Have it tweaked now and like Enlightenment. There are a few minor issues that are mentioned on the web site but not a big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back