Generator break in iGen2200 Westinghouse

My P2200 B&S wanted me to run 10 hours on the 5w30 supplied oil and change it. Next recommended change is 50 hours. I ran mine under a light load (box Fan) for ~ 5 hours and then up the load to ~ 1/3 t0 1/2 the rated max load with a hair dryer and fan for another 4-5 hours. I also ran it on the eco settings so the engine would cycle when loaded and unloaded. I strronly suggest that you read the owners manual as to the rcomended oil type and viscosity. We have many self appointed experts lucking around. Ed

Just run it against the target loads for five hours and change the oil after that. Ramp it up slowly for those first five hours. I use either M1 10w-30 High Mileage or Rotella T6 5w-40 in my generators.

Glad I stumbled across this thread, I have been eyeing the Westinghouse iGen2500 and almost bought one earlier this spring. I have a Westinghouse Wgen9500 dual-fuel that I've been extremely pleased with, but need something smaller (more fuel efficient) for camping and longer duration power outages (just to run the essentials.) I really like the digital display on these units and the fact that it has a built in hourmeter sets it apart from other units this size. Nice to hear others are having good luck with them.

Back