Gen v L83 oil pickup removal

Well i removed the oil pickup in the oil pan on this L83 to make sure there wasn’t anything in the pickup and now looking through alldata it says do not remove.Well kinda late for that.Can i seal this up with something and put it back in or am l in a mess?

Never been into one. Was there an o ring where the tube fits into the fitting on the oil pan?

A picture would be nice.

No oring it’s tapered.I see one person using silicone but i’m pretty leery of that.Another used anaerobic which i have for going sled engines.Just scared of it sucking air.I got $3000 worth of parts to put in this weekend and i sure as hell don’t want to do it again.

91A68785-EBE4-45AD-A774-DE644833FC69.jpeg

A02DE829-FA36-4FA9-A8D8-55B8C25011EC.jpeg

K you can still feel the drag when it slides together so i’ll use a little of that just on the side of caution thanks

Alldata said not to reuse the flywheel bolts but crap i have always reused them on old motors unless these are made of different stuff.Never even crossed my mind that i might need new ones.

Because they're coated with a sealant to prevent oil wicking past the threads, It's okay to reuse them if you apply Anaerobic sealant or Threadlocker.

Back