Gas Prices Are Going Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
C' Mon.

Supply and Demand.

GM is going Full electric in 14 short years.

But, I wouldn't bet on them hitting that target.

But they are getting close TODAY with them installing engines barely larger than starter motors,

EXAMPLE:

Chevy Trailblazer engine = 1.2 Litre 3 Cylinder.

View attachment 45082
We’ll see how many are left on the dealers lots at year end.

C' Mon.

Supply and Demand.

GM is going Full electric in 14 short years.

But, I wouldn't bet on them hitting that target.

But they are getting close TODAY with them installing engines barely larger than starter motors,

EXAMPLE:

Chevy Trailblazer engine = 1.2 Litre 3 Cylinder.

View attachment 45082
Supply and demand, demand was a lot higher for gas pre-pandemic, and it cost less. So that case is weak. When you cut drilling, fracking, the pipeline, leasing land, and transporting oil by rail the price for oil goes up. In fact it can even go up in anticipation of that, with low demand. Bad move imo, get the infrastructure in place for EV's then close the pipeline, etc. Don't hurt people now when they're down.

Supply and demand, demand was a lot higher for gas pre-pandemic, and it cost less. So that case is weak. When you cut drilling, fracking, the pipeline, leasing land, and transporting oil by rail the price for oil goes up. In fact it can even go up in anticipation of that, with low demand. Bad move imo, get the infrastructure in place for EV's then close the pipeline, etc. Don't hurt people now when they're down.

The ones making those decisions either aren't very smart, or they don't care.

I think it's a combination of both...

Last I knew Saudi Arabia wasn't sending oil to the U.S.. This is from BLOOMBERG today , DRAINING SURPLUS , https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-below-58-after-iea-cuts-2021-demand-forecast . Look at RBOB + WTI Crude Oil at Bloomberg 3 > 5 times a week . Add around 90 cents ( taxes , etc. ) to the RBOB in N.E.. Won't be long for summer blend which adds 10 > 15 cents to the cost of gas . Hopefully , oil and gas will drop before then . That's why we drive small cars . A disaster man made or natural could occur sending gas through the roof . It's a vicious cycle .

Last edited:
Basically the same price as it was 1, 2, and 3 years ago. 2 and 3 years ago it went up, last year it went down. It’s a gamble.
5B26371F-3743-4897-A5EE-A7F70B33DACF.png

We’ll see how many are left on the dealers lots at year end.
I am the target audience and would be driving and electric car, but I don't have a garage and I live in a cold climate.
I would want the high voltage infrastructure for fast charging and timed interior heating whilst plugged in.
I drive about 15 miles a day average now being retired. And that's about 5 miles on a typical day with maybe a couple 30 - 40 mile round trips.

I will say on my trips to my mother in laws house through Boston from southern NH, I am seeing a lot of Tesla on this 75 mile trip, more than ever before. I will count them my next time out.

Just think of the tones of power, quietness, the end of engine problems and maintenance - and no oil to worry about!

You wold have to familiarise yourself with " battery coolant" threads and what Tesla 3 aftermarket grille decal looks the best:

bmw  tesla  grille.jpg

ready14b-1000x1000w.jpg

I paid over $3 per gallon for premium today, and around 2.20 for cheap stuff, a big spread.

i have never expected the prices to stay low. The past 4 years have been an outlier blip in the general price movements of gasoline (at least in my mind) historically. Not that I want it to go back up, but I never expected it to stay low. Perhaps reduced demand will help keep it lower, and perhaps increased interest in long term teleworking arrangements might help, but to what extent, who knows?

$3.29/gal for 91 at Costco.

Costco's prices have been very stable over the last 4-6 weeks. On the other hand, my local Valero station has increased prices by 20-30 cents during the same period.

Our gas prices where I live (Central Louisiana-CenLa.) have gone up .30 cents in two weeks! Two weeks ago the average price for regular unleaded was $1.39 a gallon. This morning I paid $1.69 per gallon for regular unleaded.
How much has it gone up in your area?
2.25 a gallon in Nashville tn

I paid $4.05 per gallon for Shell 91 octane wanna be premium in Petaluma yesterday.
$50 did not fill up the little TSX gas tank. Oops.

I paid $4.05 per gallon for Shell 91 octane wanna be premium in Petaluma yesterday.
$50 did not fill up the little TSX gas tank. Oops.
Gotta love CA. Sounds like the bill has come due for all that free stuff....
I can't wait till they cancel everyone's mortgage debt!

The price in my home town is $2.369 for gasoline and $2.199 for diesel. I think the retailers here in town are inflating the price because there's a small town about 10 miles away with only one gas station and their gasoline price is $2.199. As a normal rule they are $ .20-$ .30 a gallon higher than my home town. Another reason I say the retailers are inflating the price is because diesel is always about $ .30 a gallon more than gasoline.

Gotta love CA. Sounds like the bill has come due for all that free stuff....
I can't wait till they cancel everyone's mortgage debt!
I was kinda stuck in an area with no close cheapie stations. Costco is probably $3.30 for 91*.
I was also in a time crunch. Sometimes you gotta pay the piper, I guess.
Petaluma (a native Indian name) is considered part of the wine country. More laid back than Silicon Valley. Nice place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back