Garage door opener for steel building

Good morning!

I have a 16x8 overhead door on an all steel building. I current have a Ryobi garage door opener however it continues to give me issues. I'm looking to replace it with a reliable, fully functioning unit.

My main concern is that the exterior key pad and remotes work...A clean interface on my iphone would be ideal as well.

What have you used/recommend?
1699094575996.jpg

My home is 10 years old. I bought it when it was 5 years old. It came with a 1/2 HP Chamberlain chain drive opener. The opener is for a 18’ door. It works perfectly. It has two remotes, one outside keypad, and one interior wall switch. The only problem that I’ve had is the interior wiring to the interior wall switch. The builder installed telephone wire inside of the wall, up through the attic, and to a junction box on the garage ceiling. Well, telephone wire is too small and breaks easily. I bypassed the telephone wire and ran a single section of bell wire along the ceiling and wall to the wall switch. It now works like a champ. I did this job two days ago.
I would go with a trusted brand like Genie, Chamberlain, or Liftmaster.

I have a 1/2 hp belt driven Craftsman unit which is just a relabelled forget the name brand
. it works with keypad, cell phone and comes with 2 remotes.
quiet and reliable so far, been on house about 5 years now.

This looks interesting and will free up ceiling space. Might be my new replacement when the time comes.

The chaimberlain/ MyQ smartphone interface is not very useful other than opening the door. If you have one with a camera they make you have a subscription to do anything other than see the live view. It does not natively work with Alexa either.

MyQ is great, works great, but you need WiFi in your garage. The best reason I like it is, for those times I say to my wife or my wife to me. "Did you close the garage door?" So instead of looking at each other dumb faced, we can check the app on the phone as it shows whether it's closed or not.

AS far as your steel building. I dont know, maybe you just have a weak or troubled unit. IF the unit has the antenna wire hanging down which maybe doesnt, you could extend the wire to the door area.
You could always buys another unit see if it works without actually installing it.

Back