Fumoto Valve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: WillB
Inordered a F106/LC10 will swap in next time I change the oil.

No worries of knocking it off.
You should give it the Krown treatment next year before winter!

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx

Yes Sir! When I had my Sierra done last year, I paid for the de-salt wash, will get the Ram de-salted in April, then Krown done this summer.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx

Yes Sir! When I had my Sierra done last year, I paid for the de-salt wash, will get the Ram de-salted in April, then Krown done this summer.

Good to hear!

Originally Posted By: bugeye
Installed one on a 2013 Hyundai Sonata. The oil changes by the dealer for the previous owner left an oil and grit mess on the top of the plastic belly pan. Grrr. After using a Fumoto valve and a short tube, no more oil on the belly pan. No dealer changes for me, they are too sloppy. I drain hot into a empty 5 quart oil container. Easy to keep belly pan clean. I use a sleeve over the oil filter so nothing get on the pan as everything dripping in the sleeve go in the drain pan.

I do pretty much the same. What kind of sleeve do you use, where did you get it? I'm interested.

Originally Posted By: WhizkidTN
Installed one on a 2013 Hyundai Sonata. The oil changes by the dealer for the previous owner left an oil and grit mess on the top of the plastic belly pan. Grrr. After using a Fumoto valve and a short tube, no more oil on the belly pan. No dealer changes for me, they are too sloppy. I drain hot into a empty 5 quart oil container. Easy to keep belly pan clean. I use a sleeve over the oil filter so nothing get on the pan as everything dripping in the sleeve go in the drain pan.

I do pretty much the same. What kind of sleeve do you use, where did you get it? I'm interested.

I have used small oven bags for years on many cars. They work great.
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...sl_566fbx07vg_e

I cut a 2 liter soda bottle apart, top and bottom off and discarded. Then trimmed the top of the sleeve to fit around the oil filter mount. The filter wrench is the cup type and fits inside the sleeve to loosen the filter. As filter is loosened, the oil may splash inside the sleeve, but nothing on the belly pan. Sleeve wiped inside and stored for the next oil change.

Run only one on my 65 F-100 so I can use a vinyl tube. If you have ever tried to drain the oil you then know why this valve is a god send. Otherwise I don't bother on any other car.

I cut a 2 liter soda bottle apart, top and bottom off and discarded. Then trimmed the top of the sleeve to fit around the oil filter mount. The filter wrench is the cup type and fits inside the sleeve to loosen the filter. As filter is loosened, the oil may splash inside the sleeve, but nothing on the belly pan. Sleeve wiped inside and stored for the next oil change.

Thanks! I'll have to give that a try.

One just arrived UPS … going to try making the Fusion easier … has a dinner table bolted under it that’s likely there to gain 0.01 MPG …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back