Fully synthetic 10w-30 Jaso mb oil required.

Just got a Honda sh 125. Honda recommended oil is 10w-30 Jaso mb. Would like a fully synthetic 10w-30 Jason mb. Cannot find one. Would prefer either Castrol or Mobil. Can anyone enlighten me?

Hard to believe that the correct fully synthetic 10w-30 Jaso mb oil required by a Honda vehicle cannot be found.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Knowledge is the path to enlightenment... Compare Honda's MC specific oil with M1 Auto and SuperTech Auto to begin to see that either oil will meet and exceed your mileage expectations... it's your choice...

M1vGN4vSuperTech.jpg

Knowledge is the path to enlightenment... Compare Honda's MC specific oil with M1 Auto and SuperTech Auto to begin to see that either oil will meet and exceed your mileage expectations... it's your choice...

View attachment 162792
Why would he care about mileage?

And what do you look at in the spectrographic analysis that shows it meets JASO requirements?

Last edited:
MA or MA2 oils are typically required for wet clutch/ shared sump motorcycles. As your scooter does not have a shared sump, I doubt the JASO MA certification is important. I would use any 10w-40 synthetic oil of your choosing. Cheap synthetic and change it often.

And what do you look at in the spectrographic analysis that shows it meets JASO requirements?

How could JASO know for *sure* it meets any requirement when
JASO does not test oils??? They register oils based on manufacturer
data at $365 per oil x 1,537 approvals = $561,000 profit...

Objectively speaking JASO is not much help because even if the
oil doesn't meet a standard the submitter may be protected from being
identified in order to protect market share...

Quote JASO
"The Panel may disclose the results of market surveys in a manner such
that particular names of submitters and their oil products are not
identifiable."

Why would he care about mileage?

Mercy ks... Just because someone rides an 125 doesn't imply they are not interested in longevity...

AroundWorld1.JPG

Last edited:
How could JASO know for *sure* it meets any requirement when
JASO does not test oils??? They register oils based on manufacturer
data at $365 per oil x 1,537 approvals = $561,000 profit...

Objectively speaking JASO is not much help because even if the
oil doesn't meet a standard the submitter may be protected from being
identified in order to protect market share...

Quote JASO
"The Panel may disclose the results of market surveys in a manner such
that particular names of submitters and their oil products are not
identifiable."

Mercy ks... Just because someone rides an 125 doesn't imply they are not interested in longevity...

View attachment 162836
So in other words you don’t have any idea how that spectrographic analysis is relevant. Your “mileage” statement kind of indicates that.

So in other words you don’t have any idea how that spectrographic analysis is relevant. Your “mileage” statement kind of indicates that.
Do you have to be so argumentative? If you don't have anything helpful to add just move along. I think this is a topic that alot of people in the motorcycle world will benefit from.

Do you have to be so argumentative? If you don't have anything helpful to add just move along. I think this is a topic that alot of people in the motorcycle world will benefit from.
So you think the random spectrographic analysis was helpful as it relates to JASO licensing requirements? In what way?

So you think the random spectrographic analysis was helpful as it relates to JASO licensing requirements? In what way?
I wouldn't call that a "random" analysis. He was demonstrating that what's in the bottle is ultimately more important that what's on it, whether we're talking about letters such as MA, MB, or cute pics of little motorcycles.

MA or MA2 oils are typically required for wet clutch/ shared sump motorcycles. As your scooter does not have a shared sump, I doubt the JASO MA certification is important. I would use any 10w-40 synthetic oil of your choosing. Cheap synthetic and change it often.
Or go with Rotella T5 10w30. Blackstone analysis shows it to be an excellent wet clutch oil despite not having any MA letters or pics of lil motorcycles on the bottle.

I wouldn't call that a "random" analysis. He was demonstrating that what's in the bottle is ultimately more important that what's on it, whether we're talking about letters such as MA, MB, or cute pics of little motorcycles.
But that is incorrect. The specifications it meets is more important than the ingredients used to blend it.

I'm not familiar with JASO MB, but there's the Super Tech 10w30 "ATV" oil that meets the specifications of JASO MA2 and API SL, and ISO-L-EMA2

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Te...W-30-4-Stroke-ATV-Motor-Oil-1-Quart/308650978
JASO MA2 is the polar opposite of MB, in terms of JASO specs. Now, I'm not saying an MA2 oil would not work in that motor, it would; but if the user is trying to meet the recommended spec, with regard to clutch friction, MA2 aint it.

Last edited:
But that is incorrect. The specifications it meets is more important than the ingredients used to blend it.

JASO MA2 is the polar opposite of MB, in terms of JASO specs. Now, I'm not saying an MA2 oil would not work in that motor, it would; but if the user is trying to meet the recommended spec, with regard to clutch friction, MA2 aint it.

The oil analysis is more than just an ingredient list. The viscosity, flash point, TBN, etc., combined with the add pack (ingredients) literally is the specification.

And I misposted about MA being MB compatible. It's not. Thanks for the correction.

Back