Fuel filter mount on this 2016 f350- another reason to be a self maintainer

GON, please elaborate on this $2400 front brake job. Was it rotors, callipers, pads and maybe lines or did they take her to the cleaners that bad?

GON, please elaborate on this $2400 front brake job. Was it rotors, callipers, pads and maybe lines or did they take her to the cleaners that bad?
Rotors and pads. Not unusual price for a S500 MB at the dealer. You and I can do this same job using OEM parts for well under $700 for the parts.

If interested- here is the thread I posted on that $350 MB S500 w/ 40k miles. The thread if I recall has pictures of the rigged fender bender repair.

Okay, I'll wait 'til you investigate further. Curious whether or not this is the actual high pressure feed to the injector rail?
I kinda was, too. Not sure it would even hold together? Was thinking maybe they rigged something w EVAP, but then I'm not sure why you'd put a fuel filter on that system....

I was thinking it was a gravity feed to the factory tank from a big aux hotshot tank from previous life. Not uncommon at all
I will say virtually every used truck I've ever purchased has had some mod like this, even though it may appear stock on its face. Whether it's hacked wiring under the dash or random circuit breakers anchored in the engine bay or holes in the dash from previous switches (ok, that's more obvious at first glance), there's always something.....

Are you kidding? It points to both.
Incompetence is usually shown with incorrect parts installed, or all parts installed incorrectly. Parts installed loosely while others are correctly installed is usually just laziness and lack of pride.

Finally got around to taking a look at the fuel filter. My initial observation and assessment was wrong.

The fuel filter is between the gas filler neck and the tank. I have a crude picture of the configuration, and also a picture of what I believe the part/ assembly should look like. No idea why this is in place like this.

PXL_20230827_224736460.jpg
PXL_20230827_224917767.jpg
PXL_20230827_224801746.jpg
PXL_20230827_224811995.jpg
PXL_20230827_224829274.jpg
PXL_20230827_224840022.jpg
s-l1600 (6).jpg

Well.....I'm no help and probably more confused but you win this week's award for crappiest cell phone pics ;)

Reactions: GON
Looks like the filler vent has been rigged with a filter, for some reason:oops:
Yes, that appears to be it. But why? Did the hose break and used the filter as a connection? Or is there some crazy purpose for the filter there's?

I suspect the hose broke and this was a improvisor. Only say that from the lack of quality in the workmanship. Even the main fuel line from the has filler cap to the tank is not sitting in its mount properly, a ten second fix.

Back