Fuel economy, why has it not improved more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Anduril
Nox emissions, that's why.

Originally Posted By: TheKracken
I really wish they made a truck that got 32+ mpg. I wouldn't mind if it was the size of the old toyota trucks.
I'd like to see a small turbo diesel pickup. Should do 35+ mpg unloaded easy, and be able to tow/haul quite a bit.

I have a 2015 Ram Ecodiesel quad cab 3.55 rear end. I just came from nc to south Florida. Last leg I filled up somewhere south of Atlanta, Ga via 75 south and drove 500 miles on one tank to my house. I was doing 74 mph loaded very heavy from 2 unexpected purchases. Weight 7800 on scale plus I added another 500ish of luggage including 3 adults. I got 24 mpg. Unloaded with just people and a cooler I can see over 30 mpg at 74 mph.

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Originally Posted By: Al
Cujet said:
Effficiency is BtU's [in]/Work [out]..never by fuel mass.

Sorry, I meant to imply MPG.

You are vindicated.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: stonny9
Originally Posted By: Anduril
Nox emissions, that's why.

Originally Posted By: TheKracken
I really wish they made a truck that got 32+ mpg. I wouldn't mind if it was the size of the old toyota trucks.
I'd like to see a small turbo diesel pickup. Should do 35+ mpg unloaded easy, and be able to tow/haul quite a bit.

I have a 2015 Ram Ecodiesel quad cab 3.55 rear end. I just came from nc to south Florida. Last leg I filled up somewhere south of Atlanta, Ga via 75 south and drove 500 miles on one tank to my house. I was doing 74 mph loaded very heavy from 2 unexpected purchases. Weight 7800 on scale plus I added another 500ish of luggage including 3 adults. I got 24 mpg. Unloaded with just people and a cooler I can see over 30 mpg at 74 mph.

The math just doesn't work. The Pentastar is only about 2-3MPG lower, for much less money than the diesel. The break-even point (if there is one) is likely to be 200,000+ miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back