Freezing rain - My first accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone! God is very good!

antiqueshell - You may want to judge the driving conditions from a distance, but I will tell you that you weren't there, so you can't properly judge them. The roads weren't too bad, the freezing rain had just started. 30 was a very good speed. When I hit the ice and spun out that was not the same road conditions that I had been driving in... That came on all of a sudden. It must have been raining longer there than most of my drive. Most of the people I saw driving around me were doing much more than that. (and there were bad accidents all around me)

It is those spotty areas of ice that really get you. I was driving last winter on dry pavement at about 60 mph on the freeway and hit a small patch of ice that sent me towards the wall, which was only 10 feet away, but the ice patch was very small and no sooner than the car slid towards the wall, then it caught traction and an accident was avoided. Spooky!

I've run into ice more in the middle states in winter-mostly snow up here but ice is the worst-can be sneaky and hide and then bite. My working career activties were very weather dependent, and I watched it carefully and we would often pospone for a day or two when merited. I had some luck going too as never had a 'close call' but almost always, when the forcast/conditions were bad, staying home /vacation/sick day/unpaid turned out to be a good move as lots of chaos and little productive done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back