Fram ultra vs wix xp oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of wearing engine there is no evidence or testing that can say the fram ultra or wix xp has on engine ? I just want to used for 1 oci but need to used good filter with out compromising it on flow and engine wearing. Max oci of 6000 miles.

Fram Ultra has my vote. Around here it's cheaper than the XP and is much more efficient, 99% at 20 microns versus 50% at 20 microns. That's the same efficiency of my Tacoma's OEM filter which isn't very good, especially for the price. I'd just go back to Toyota filters if I wanted that low efficiency!

Fram TG is another good option to consider, or the regular old WIX, it's 95% at 20 microns I believe, I'd screw that on over an XP any day.

Both are good filters. Fram Ultra has better efficiency ratings and is dual synthetic media. I pick Fram Ultra. Good for 20,000 miles. MotorKing is the Fram rep on this forum and is great about giving out specs on each Fram Ultra application.

Again, it depends on how clean your engine is. Don't forget about a good air filter! AF is very important.

Respectfully,

Pajero!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back