Fram FE6607, Nissan 15205 65F1A

Fram on left, Nissan on right. I'l stick with the Nissan (Mahle)

Attachments

• P1000368.JPG
    P1000368.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 115
  • P1000369.JPG
    P1000369.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 113
Thanks for the cut and post. Not sure this is an apples to apples comparison.

First clue was the Nissan filter is considerably larger. The exact cross reference for the Fram 6607 is Nissan's 15208-65F0E filter.

Well, the Fram part number came from their site. 2023 Rogue w 1.5 ltr turbo. The external housing was approximately the same size. The Internal construction dictates element size. Please notice the different applications of bypass valves. Apples to apples the best I can tell! If you search the Nissan part number on the Fram site, FE6607 is the cross that comes up. I surely understand your comment regarding the size, but it is what it is.

Well, the Fram part number came from their site. 2023 Rogue w 1.5 ltr turbo. The external housing was approximately the same size. The Internal construction dictates element size. Please notice the different applications of bypass valves. Apples to apples the best I can tell! If you search the Nissan part number on the Fram site, FE6607 is the cross that comes up. I surely understand your comment regarding the size, but it is what it is.
Thanks for the info. I wonder if Nissan made some changes to their oil filter line up.. 15208-65F1A/B is also what I'm seeing on the Nissan Parts USA website for compatibility.

I had issues with my 2013 Rogue and torn oil filters, so maybe this is the solution with a more robust design?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. I wonder if Nissan made some changes to their oil filter line up.. 15208-65F1A/B is also what I'm seeing on the Nissan Parts USA website for compatibility.

I had issues with my 2013 Rogue and torn oil filters, so maybe this is the solution with a more robust design?
Not sure, but I was thinking that the "A" series was the factory installed filter. The "B" replaces that according to the dealer where I purchased the car.

Apples to apples the best I can tell! If you search the Nissan part number on the Fram site, FE6607 is the cross that comes up.
If the Nissan filter is longer, then Fram should have specified the FE7317 which is the same as the FE6607, only longer (ie, the "oversized" option). What does Fram show for the Ultra for you Nissan ... also the 6607 version?

Thanks for sharing. Any filters I look at for my 16 rogue and wife’s 20 sentra always lists the 6607 or equivalent shorty oe and other aftermarket brands. My rogue has the room for the longer oe or 7313 the sentra has clearance issues even getting my cup socket on is a bear cause of a radiator hose. I just stock up on the shorts for inventory simplicity. My oe filters are mexico sourced with the silicone adbv.

If the Nissan filter is longer, then Fram should have specified the FE7317 which is the same as the FE6607, only longer (ie, the "oversized" option). What does Fram show for the Ultra for you Nissan ... also the 6607 version?
All Fram part numbers were 6607

Back