Fram TG6607

Off the wife’s 2020 Nissan Sentra sv 29,940 on the clock 5 months 6k on Mobil 1 AFE 0w20

All the components seem to have held up extremely well and that is one stout little can very rigid. Filter media was very stiff but no rips or tears and those end caps were very solid and well attached.

Attachments

• IMG_3603.jpeg
    IMG_3603.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3604.jpeg
    IMG_3604.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3605.jpeg
    IMG_3605.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3606.jpeg
    IMG_3606.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3607.jpeg
    IMG_3607.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3608.jpeg
    IMG_3608.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_3609.jpeg
    IMG_3609.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_3610.jpeg
    IMG_3610.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_3611.jpeg
    IMG_3611.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_3613.jpeg
    IMG_3613.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 55
I am quite satisfied with the fram “my 1st filter autopsy” I’m just curious how the filter media would hold up to 10k or even the claimed 15k oci? This media was very very stiff it was stiff to the point of being crispy sounding when pushing down on the pleats with my thumb and would have torn if I kept going with it. Again that’s molesting the media with my thumb so not saying it was on the brinks of failure.

"2020 Nissan Sentra", is this the year model where entire belly pan/engine protector must be removed, entailing removal of ~28 plastic push pin clips and two bolts? I ask because interest piqued regarding longer 7317 not fitting so I googled it to see location. Be the one Nissan application 'I've' run across where the longer 7317 wouldn't fit/work. Anyway, several Reddit threads on the newer Sentra engine protector, some with words not allowed on this forum. lol I don't envy anyone doing diy oil and filter change on current Sentra. New Rogue is similar.

To topic, the TG6607 looks fine, like it did its job.

Thanks for c&p.

Last edited:
"2020 Nissan Sentra", is this the year model where entire belly pan/engine protector must be removed, entailing removal of ~28 plastic push pin clips and two bolts? I ask because interest piqued regarding longer 7317 not fitting so I googled it to see location. Be the one Nissan application 'I've' run across where the longer 7317 wouldn't fit/work. Anyway, several Reddit threads on the newer Sentra engine protector, some with words not allowed on this forum. lol I don't envy anyone doing diy oil and filter change on current Sentra. New Rogue is similar.

To topic, the TG6607 looks fine, like it did its job.

Thanks for c&p.
Yes and make That 6 10mm bolts lol

Next time the wiz wheel is coming out and I’ll be making a cutout of the pan and filter area.

Yes and make That 6 10mm bolts lol

Next time the wiz wheel is coming out and I’ll be making a cutout of the pan and filter area.
That's just plain crazy.

My thought when I saw it, if some aftermarket company could bring in a modified engine protector with closable flap opening(s) (for diy oil and filter change) for a reasonable price, might sell.

But yeah, the cover as it stands now...smh.

That's just plain crazy.

My thought when I saw it, if some aftermarket company could bring in a modified engine protector with closable flap opening(s) (for diy oil and filter change) for a reasonable price, might sell.

Yes it’s definitely a discouragement for the DIY’er

I had a lot of vehicles in my life and I think this sentra is the cake topper for PITA oil changes. For starters it’s extremely low and the front end clip rubs my ramps next to that are all those liner push pins the 6 bolts and I’m not a large guy but even being on a creeper dolly the vehicle has a very low height. The technique is to remove the two rear 10 mm bolts first and two pushpins. This takes the weight off the splash/belly skin, if you start from the front end, the weight of the splash belly skin will make the rear 10 mm bolts bind. I thought my 2010 Subaru Impreza with the oil filter sitting up inside the exhaust manifold was a PITA. thanks Nissan lol. I was joking with my father about cutting out the drain pan and filter location with the wiz wheel that I might lose about 1/10th of a mile per gallon from wind drag.

That's just plain crazy.

Hi Sayjac,
That is a good idea and is the way Subaru's are setup.

Hi Sayjac,
The new Subarus we have owned - Crosstrek and Outback and Forester - have an open window cutout to get the engine oil drain plug - no flap. Havent serviced any recent turbo 2.4 or 6

I think as a first timer years ago, I found the undertray flap is for access to trans or some other hardware - but not the oil drain.

The FB engine powered Subaru filter cover impediment is ... the hood, lol.

- Ken

FA2.4 DIT engine with "wrong" filter

FA24 DIT.jpg

Hi Sayjac,
Imo, Nissan should have made some accommodation on the engine protector at least for oil and filter change. And ~28 plastic push pin clips, come on. I said closable flaps because of the material it's made of, like hard plastic not sure how a simple opening would work with air flow into an opening. BMW on some models has an opening in a metal belly pan. I'm sure there are others.

An improved design to allow access to drain plug and filter could be done. Just a matter of cost and interest. The way it is now, ugh.

Looks good, pleat spacing is a bit inconistent but the filter did its job. Nice.

Back