FRAM DRIVE 10575 CUT OPEN

It got the job done but I would not feel comfortable in long drain intervals with it based on it not having silicone and the pleat material/gaps.

It got the job done but I would not feel comfortable in long drain intervals with it based on it not having silicone and the pleat material/gaps.
Dunno, my work, the CHAMP filters hold up fine for 5k to 9,500k OCI’s with no oil or filter related problems. To each their own. I’ve used two champ filters on my focus and no issues.

Dunno, my work, the CHAMP filters hold up fine for 5k to 9,500k OCI’s with no oil or filter related problems. To each their own. I’ve used two champ filters on my focus and no issues.
I actually like the Champs as well. Good points

The latest youtube video by Brand Ranks tested a bunch of Fram filters. The Extraguard had a big gap that allowed unfiltered oil through. Maybe more of a glueing issue than an end cap issue, but as a result it performed ~200 times worse than the Toughguard in the particle count test for larger particles.
I've never seen that.

Got a response back from Fram on the Fram Drive filter efficiency. That probably equates to around 96-98% @ 30u.

1701723724005.png

Interesting. That's less than the PH orange can, I would have thought the same.
I think Fram's website says The Fram Drive filter meets OEM efficiency specs, which if based on SAE USCAR-36 (like Ford specs) is an efficiency of 95% @ 30u or better.

Back