FRAM PRO FP 10060 CUT OPEN

Good Afternoon BITOGERS. THIS FILTER CAME OFF A WORK VEHICLE, 2019 Ford Flex AWD, 3.5 engine. Unknown oci on filter and unknown oil. 60k on vehicle.

In: Safety Kleen 5w30 synthetic DEX 1 GEN3 oil and correct AUTO EXTRA 618-57045.

Attachments

• IMG_7847.jpeg
    IMG_7847.jpeg
    152.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_7850.jpeg
    IMG_7850.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_7851.jpeg
    IMG_7851.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_7854.jpeg
    IMG_7854.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_7852.jpeg
    IMG_7852.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7855.jpeg
    IMG_7855.jpeg
    115.8 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7853.jpeg
    IMG_7853.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_7846.jpeg
    IMG_7846.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_7845.jpeg
    IMG_7845.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 51
These look the same as the Fram Drive / AC-Delco filters, I got a couple of FD3600 that appear to have fiber endcaps and plastic cage when viewed with a flashlight.

The filter seem to held up pretty well, nice.

These look the same as the Fram Drive / AC-Delco filters, I got a couple of FD3600 that appear to have fiber endcaps and plastic cage when viewed with a flashlight.

The filter seem to held up pretty well, nice.
Well, just recently GM went to ECORE style filters from factory. BUT; check out the Chinese made factory Buick Envision filter; it’s very different.

At first glance thought this might be a Fram hybrid filter. That is, Fram fiber end cap element with Champ Labs ecore and base plate with the auxiliary outer plate. On closer inspection of end caps (pic #2), I think this one using Champ Labs polyester caps they've used on ecores in the past. So Fram Pro, a Champ Labs made Fram. Unknown fci, looks ok.

Thanks for c&p

At first glance thought this might be a Fram hybrid filter. That is, Fram fiber end cap element with Champ Labs ecore and base plate with the auxiliary outer plate. On closer inspection of end caps (pic #2), I think this one using Champ Labs polyester caps they've used on ecores in the past. So Fram Pro, a Champ Labs made Fram. Unknown fci, looks ok.

Thanks for c&p
You are welcome sir. I will say this: the oil was pretty black coming out of the pan and smelled pretty foul I’ve got rear pads and rotors coming for vehicle also as they’re squealing and way below inspection specs.

Good Afternoon BITOGERS. THIS FILTER CAME OFF A WORK VEHICLE, 2019 Ford Flex AWD, 3.5 engine. Unknown oci on filter and unknown oil. 60k on vehicle.

In: Safety Kleen 5w30 synthetic DEX 1 GEN3 oil and correct AUTO EXTRA 618-57045.
Very similar to the Champ. The base plate is Champ. The end cap material is Champ. The only differences that I see is bypass plunger is orange and not blue. Also, the orange paint job.

Thanks for sharing, filter looks great!

Oil looks a little washed out and tired.

Well, the Envision is built in China, so it makes sense. Many AC Delco filters have been going to Ecore, IMO they flow better than conventional ones.
eCore center tubes don't increase the flow with a PD oil pump forcing the same oil volume. They only make a hair less dP across the filter. Doubt it actually makes any difference to the pump.

They are thicker. Those are the typical Champ end caps.
Yeah, if one zooms in to close up of end cap can see the impression of the pleats through the cap, sign of Champ Labs polyester type. The filter looks like the older GM ACDelco's with dome bypass before they went to metal caps, never used combo valve. Looks similar to/same as current AAP "Fram Drive" filter too.

Back