found some REALLY old oils ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some 10W30 SJ oils. I assume they should be fine in my lawn mower which calls for SG, SF?

And a metal can of Castrol with Liquid Tungsten. I guess it is 30 years old? Sorry for the glare. The top actually says SAE 10 HD.

174vsy.jpg

24d4jeo.jpg

4q2y5s.jpg

ilygb7.jpg

Last edited:
The SJ will be okay in your mower but watch for consumption.

The liquid tungsten, I'd leave in its can. Oil your gate hinges with it, maybe. The can is super cool!

Shows that hype and salesmanship have been around for a long,long time. Tungesten this,XYZ that,magnetic this,titanium that....you arent the coolest on the block unless you're running that!

Originally Posted By: eljefino
The SJ will be okay in your mower but watch for consumption.

Currently I fill my mower with FS 5w30 SM or whatever left overs and it seems it doesn't consume much.
smile.gif

Just out of curiosity, why does a mower require an obsolete API rating? Is the engine designed to work better with some old add packs in old oils?

The Castrol SAE 10 is probably from the mid to late 60's. I remember using Castrol 30 with liquid tungsten in my 65 VW. The metal cans disappeared somewhere in the early 70's being replaced with cardboard cans.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Tungsten? This just proves what is old is new again. Liquid Uranium will be next in 2040.
I think that fad was over in the late 1800's and early 1900's - it didn't do a thing except make things glow and cause cancer
wink.gif
But I sure do hope so! Job security for me and several of my fellow HP's and clean up jobs for many years to come!
laugh.gif
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back