Formula 1 starting already this weekend?

I want to say they have some tricks in the power dept also. Max runs away from the start, always wins the drag race to the first turn.

Does RB also have the downforce aspect dominated? The RB cars just do better in turns and comes with speed...so it appears they are just sucked harder to the ground.

My observations anyway.
F1 cars use compressed air for many functions. Replace that air with NOx and a little engineering and you can also run away at the start. I think that RB has some cheats that haven't been caught. Other teams need to figure out better cheats to move around them.

I want to say they have some tricks in the power dept also. Max runs away from the start, always wins the drag race to the first turn.

Does RB also have the downforce aspect dominated? The RB cars just do better in turns and comes with speed...so it appears they are just sucked harder to the ground.

My observations anyway.
For one thing Max is the most aggressive at the start. Hamilton lacks that same aggressiveness. Hamilton won all the time with the fastest car. Then RB tried the Honda engines.

Speaking of Formula 1, if any members here have never seen the movie "Grand Prix" from 1966, you should put it on your must see list. I saw it first in the movie theater when it was released, and it aired last week on Turner Classic Movies. You will get a charge out of how the sport looked almost 60 years ago. It's a fun to watch film.

F1 doing what it does best - grown men acting like spoiled children.

Scott

PS The last real man to race in F1 was Mark Webber. All the others since Webber are juveniles. Pictures are worth a thousand words.

Mark-Webber_2919849.jpg
Charles_Leclerc_2.jpg

Speaking of Formula 1, if any members here have never seen the movie "Grand Prix" from 1966, you should put it on your must see list. I saw it first in the movie theater when it was released, and it aired last week on Turner Classic Movies. You will get a charge out of how the sport looked almost 60 years ago. It's a fun to watch film.
We watched it on TCM last week. My mom had never seen it. I do have to say there is something about older movies like that and focusing on special effects that are more real than CGI that makes them special.

RB has arguably the best arero dept.

Adrian Newey's cars have amassed 12 constructors' and 13 drivers' championships. Across three different teams and various regulations.

Since the current formula was adopted in 2022, RBR won all but five races that season, and all but one in 2023.

RBR best understood the new formula, and how to incorporate the new underfloor without causing their cars to porpoise, and they didn't guess wrong on a concept, and stubbornly stick with it, like Mercedes did. 2024 may even prove that RBR has been able to adopt some of those elements, and actually make them work on their car.

Really nothing arguable about RBR, Newey, or the prowess of their aero program.

Much to admire, even if they've made the sport less than entertaining for spectators.

But, that's F1, along with the rest of the circus acts.

Adrian Newey's cars have amassed 12 constructors' and 13 drivers' championships. Across three different teams and various regulations.

Since the current formula was adopted in 2022, RBR won all but five races that season, and all but one in 2023.

RBR best understood the new formula, and how to incorporate the new underfloor without causing their cars to porpoise, and they didn't guess wrong on a concept, and stubbornly stick with it, like Mercedes did. 2024 may even prove that RBR has been able to adopt some of those elements, and actually make them work on their car.

Really nothing arguable about RBR, Newey, or the prowess of their aero program.

Much to admire, even if they've made the sport less than entertaining for spectators.

But, that's F1, along with the rest of the circus acts.
No one can really deny that.

Yet the net result is less interesting racing.

Therefore maybe the goal isn’t really competitive interesting racing from 1 to 20. And if that is a goal, then I conclude it has been a failure.

There's racing in F1? The off track and off season drama is far more exciting

Red Bull’s motorsport advisor Helmut Marko has admitted that there is a possibility he could be suspended after this weekend’s Formula 1 race in Saudi Arabia.

In a dramatic development to the saga surrounding Red Bull team principal Christian Horner, it has emerged that Marko may face disciplinary action as the result of a fresh investigation that has been launched against him.

Back