FORD FIESTA Windshield Wiper Cowl Screen Cover Panel

I removed the cowl panel to vacuum out debris. Done it before. Too many times. Small leaves and debris gets past it's kind of screened vents so I plan on attaching window screen from the underside. Probably with super glue. Need to know what kind of adhesive to use. Info on underside:
Ford 150 B
>PP22%MFTES AE83-5402216-AA (that's the P/N)
CAV-AA

I would try this, I have been looking at for a while and waiting until I have something I can use it on.

I’ve used that stuff to secure the tow hook receiver cover on the VW bumpers cover.

I used Loctite superglue to secure screen to the underside of the cowl, I first tried supergluing a piece of screen to the underside away from the vents. Could not tear it off. I did need to abrade the surface or the glue would not take.

The cowls leading edge towards the windshields gasket has a tongue that fits into the gaskets groove. The flat surface behind the tongue appears to have a silicon type of adhesive to cement it to the windshield gasket. What kind of stuff does ford use there to make the seal?

Rubbing alcohol for cleaning plastic . 70 % or higher . Just used it to remove pine pitch off the windshield . Very handy .

True, but wont hurt if used to wipe clean. Some of it's ingredients were used in plastic model glue.
Guess how plastic model glue works? By melting (welding) the different parts together, literally. That's why a properly glued model will never come apart without breaking, the pieces are fused together.

Laquer thinner and plastic is a horrible idea. Running alcohol, better safe than sorry!

Rubbing alcohol for cleaning plastic . 70 % or higher . Just used it to remove pine pitch off the windshield . Very handy .
I keep several bottles of 91% around for all sorts of cleaning jobs. I keep a 2 oz pump spray bottle by my recliner for phone screens and my reading glasses. Very convenient, super effective, and economical.

Though for medical (disinfectant use), 70% is as high as you want to go. It actually gets less effective the more pure it gets. It needs the water content to interact with the microbes biologically in order to kill them.

Back