Ford F-200 Trademarked

With GM's re-investment into their ICE truck & suv engines it may be that Ford has a spot for their 6.2L V8? I doubt they'd put their new 6.8L V8 into it since that goes for their F250 & F350. It could be over the EPA's required fuel economy GVWR so it skirts mileage requirements. This would put F-150 in the spotlight for EV on a wider scale.

There has been a HDPP (Heavy Duty Payload Package) F-150 since 2000 and still available today. I suspect it was a replacement for the F250 7 lug mentioned above and possibly what Ford has in mind for the F200.

It was called the 7700 package from 2000-2008 with the same 7 lug hubs. From 2009-2014 it became the HDPP package and still had the 7 lug hubs.

In 2015 it continued with the HDPP name but with the reduction in weight due to the aluminum body, it just got the strongest (thickest walled) 9.75 rear axle with 6 bolt hubs.

This package has "up to" 3000lb+ payload available in the right truck configuration.

This is a 2021 with the HDPP:

1694035107720.jpg

it will be interesting. Since the eV trucks are less capable than the gas ones, it woukd be reasonable to have an F-100, F-200, etc for the EV line.

Years ago there was an F-100, I guess a low line version of the 150? Rebrand that into something else more capable, most folks who had/knew about 100 series trucks are gone or forgot about them…
So they’re going to call the battery trucks F-25s since they’re about 1/6 as useful as an F-150?

Ford has put priority on being ahead of the competition for the EV transition. They've considered their competition foreign models & less of domestic auto makers. Specifically Japanese auto manufacturers. At least that's what I glean from their position of going so far into EV manufacturing. It's funny & interesting at the same time that GM invested huge amounts of money for their gasoline ICE vehicles for the next several years.

The F-150 was introduced has a more capable version of the F-100. My gramps had a 1963 F-100. I remember the gas tank being behind the seat & a wood bed. :oops:

That's right!
I recall the gas tank inside the cab issue was not resolved up until the F-150 came out in 1975. The 1973 version had it for sure.

You talking about the elusive 7 lug 97-99 F-250's? I still enjoy spotting one on the road..
Hey, you are talking about my daily driver. I have a ‘97 F250 extended cab 5.4 with the 7-bolt wheels. Still has the original power steering pump, starter, AC compressor and water pump. I replaced the original working alternator a few months ago just because I didn’t want a failure in the road. I’ve done quite a bit of hard towing with it and has the original transmission. It uses no oil and I’ve recorded 20 mpg several times on the open road. This truck also has 300K miles on it.
Every now and then, people on this site mention that the 2-valve 5.4 motors give some people a woody. They are talking about my truck. 😎

Hey, you are talking about my daily driver. I have a ‘97 F250 extended cab 5.4 with the 7-bolt wheels. Still has the original power steering pump, starter, AC compressor and water pump. I replaced the original working alternator a few months ago just because I didn’t want a failure in the road. I’ve done quite a bit of hard towing with it and has the original transmission. It uses no oil and I’ve recorded 20 mpg several times on the open road. This truck also has 300K miles on it.
Every now and then, people on this site mention that the 2-valve 5.4 motors give some people a woody. They are talking about my truck. 😎
haha Nice ride! Believe it or not my brother-in-laws neighbor has TWO of them..

The Ford "half ton" got promoted to f150 across the board for emissions reasons in the 80s. Probably had to be in a heavier weight class for looser regs.

You could get a stripper f100 with small V6, manual steering, 215-75-15 tires, etc back in the day. A real "old man farmer" package.

Watching TFL's stream on the new F150. The F150 HDPP is dead.

Sooooo,

Maybe F200 is F150+HDPP. They're still streaming, so maybe they'll eventually announce it.

--Edit--

Nope

For those that think it's a HDPP I think that very well may be the case. I just watched the latest 2024 Ford F-150 video mentioned above. The comments state

"Ford says the take rate on the F-150 “Heavy Payload” package was very small, so they removed it."

They'll probably take the F-600 route & position an F-150 with HDPP as an F-200 to sell to fleet buyers.

Back