Ford F-200 Trademarked

The article mentioned it. Slap the F200 monkier on the HDPP F150. Makes the most sense.

So, it probably won't be that they don't do things that make sense.

I could go for a F-200 or Ram 2000 or what-have-you. I really don't need a 3/4 ton, but something with a little more capacity than a half ton would be nice from time to time.

Several years ago, Ford made a F-250 and a F-250 Super Duty. The standard F-250 looked exactly like the F-150. The only difference between the F-150 and F-250 was the engine offering and payload capacity.

Back in the 80s they made light and heavy duty F-250s.

The "light duty" F-250 had a 8 lug 8.8 (later a semifloat 10.25), dana 44 twin traction beam front differential and lighter frame. The heavy duty F-250 had the full float 10.25 rear, dana 50 twin traction beam front and a slightly heavier frame.

Even though it was trademarked here in the US, the name F-200 might be intended for a foreign model. Ford used the F-1000 name on variants of the F-100/F-150 manufactured in Brazil and sold in South America. There the 1967–1972 generation pickup remained in production until 1990.

Ford leadership: "instead of selling cars... what is another way we can try to sell more high profit pickups?"
Ford marketing: "we make another trim of F-150"
Ford leadership: "we already have 17000 trim levels"
Ford marketing: "we make an in-between, an F-200"
Ford leadership: "brilliant!!"

Hello everyone, I didn't mean to drop the links and run, my apologies, so here I am wanting to discuss the potential of this new F-200 patent. One link talks about the patent discussing it might be a gasoline vehicle but with the new electric phase IMO could be a new electric version of the F-150. One of the links suggests, I think TFL, that they'll know more in a week or so...Can't wait to see what they find out.

The article mentioned it. Slap the F200 monkier on the HDPP F150. Makes the most sense.

So, it probably won't be that they don't do things that make sense.
Not really, People want to buy the "Newness" factor & creating a new nameplate of F200 does that.
EDIT: Actually, They might do just that...It's exciting times.
Several years ago, Ford made a F-250 and a F-250 Super Duty. The standard F-250 looked exactly like the F-150. The only difference between the F-150 and F-250 was the engine offering and payload capacity.
I remember those. A Heavy Duty version of the F150
You talking about the elusive 7 lug 97-99 F-250's? I still enjoy spotting one on the road..
I can't ever tell them apart aside from an F-150. I'll keep the lug amount in mind when I go looking. Thanks

Ford leadership: "instead of selling cars... what is another way we can try to sell more high profit pickups?"
Ford marketing: "we make another trim of F-150"
Ford leadership: "we already have 17000 trim levels"
Ford marketing: "we make an in-between, an F-200"
Ford leadership: "brilliant!!"
Ford is making them b/c people are Wanting/Needing/buying them. But to your point indeed they are trying to capitalize on profits as seen on the exorbitant amount of price tags we've all seen in the last several years.

Last edited:
Certainly could be the new “T3” EV pickup. They’re building Ford’s largest facility right now outside Memphis to manufacture it and its batteries. Gotta name it something.

Probably smart to keep the “F-Series” name, even for the EV trucks.

Hello everyone, I didn't mean to drop the links and run, my apologies, so here I am wanting to discuss the potential of this new F-200 patent. One link talks about the patent discussing it might be a gasoline vehicle but with the new electric phase IMO could be a new electric version of the F-150. One of the links suggests, I think TFL, that they'll know more in a week or so...Can't wait to see what they find out.

it will be interesting. Since the eV trucks are less capable than the gas ones, it woukd be reasonable to have an F-100, F-200, etc for the EV line.

Years ago there was an F-100, I guess a low line version of the 150? Rebrand that into something else more capable, most folks who had/knew about 100 series trucks are gone or forgot about them…

the f100 were unibody design the bed and cab were one welded together. it was only meant for very light hauling.

Certainly could be the new “T3” EV pickup. They’re building Ford’s largest facility right now outside Memphis to manufacture it and its batteries. Gotta name it something.

Probably smart to keep the “F-Series” name, even for the EV trucks.

Ford has put priority on being ahead of the competition for the EV transition. They've considered their competition foreign models & less of domestic auto makers. Specifically Japanese auto manufacturers. At least that's what I glean from their position of going so far into EV manufacturing. It's funny & interesting at the same time that GM invested huge amounts of money for their gasoline ICE vehicles for the next several years.
it will be interesting. Since the eV trucks are less capable than the gas ones, it woukd be reasonable to have an F-100, F-200, etc for the EV line.

Years ago there was an F-100, I guess a low line version of the 150? Rebrand that into something else more capable, most folks who had/knew about 100 series trucks are gone or forgot about them…
The F-150 was introduced has a more capable version of the F-100. My gramps had a 1963 F-100. I remember the gas tank being behind the seat & a wood bed. :oops:
the f100 were unibody design the bed and cab were one welded together. it was only meant for very light hauling.
That's right!

They weren't all that way. They made the F-100 into the 80's and it was indistinguishable from an F-150 appearance/chassis wise. We have a 75 F-100 and a 77 F-150 and the F-100 is definitely softer sprung, has a single speed transfer case and the fuel cap is on the side of the bed vs having an opening cap.. go figure Both are definitely body on frame with separate cab/beds

They weren't all that way. They made the F-100 into the 80's and it was indistinguishable from an F-150 appearance/chassis wise. We have a 75 F-100 and a 77 F-150 and the F-100 is definitely softer sprung, has a single speed transfer case and the fuel cap is on the side of the bed vs having an opening cap.. go figure Both are definitely body on frame with separate cab/beds

Good info... I did not know that. The F-200 would need to be more capable than the F-150 & I think that is Fords Plans.

Back