For the Amsoil Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amsoil's products are not over priced.

It's just that not everyone can use them to their full potential.

A good painting is not worthless because blind people can't enjoy it.

A person who uses regular filters and regular OCI's sure can't justify Amsoil.

Originally Posted By: Ihatetochangeoil
Originally Posted By: CKN
Just look at all the over priced products.........

Until this moment, I've never been on this forum and criticized the folks who go to wally world and brag about finding $2.00 filters or $1.59 oil; go ahead and change your oil at 3 or 5K. I'm not into twice monthly changes; Amsoil stands up to the long hauls. As has been well stated, my money, my oil. I use Amsoil and have been for a number of years...don't like, don't buy it. My UOA with Amsoil tell me all I need to know. Can you name ANY OTHER filter that puts their efficiency, beta rating and micron rating right on the filter? At least with Amsoil, you know what you're getting.

I'll repeat what I've said in the past: I've heard critics decry Amsoil pricing; I've never seen legitimate (UOA) criticism of their PRODUCTS on this forum.

I am a PROUD Amsoil user.

Yes. Donaldson, the primary filters I use. Well, not on the filter body itself, but clearly in the specs on their website and catalog data.

I use Amsoil stuff for some applications. But I am not a PROUD Amsoil user. I am just a user. I also use Pennzoil, Mobil, Chevron, and Schaeffer products also.

One may like what they are using, but being PROUD about it seems strange. It is just a product.

Until this moment, I've never been on this forum and criticized the folks who go to wally world and brag about finding $2.00 filters or $1.59 oil; go ahead and change your oil at 3 or 5K. I'm not into twice monthly changes; Amsoil stands up to the long hauls. As has been well stated, my money, my oil. I use Amsoil and have been for a number of years...don't like, don't buy it. My UOA with Amsoil tell me all I need to know. Can you name ANY OTHER filter that puts their efficiency, beta rating and micron rating right on the filter? At least with Amsoil, you know what you're getting.

I'll repeat what I've said in the past: I've heard critics decry Amsoil pricing; I've never seen legitimate (UOA) criticism of their PRODUCTS on this forum.

thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Amen Brother! Some people on this forum seem to enjoy criticizing other people behind the protection of their computer. To me, if I don't have anything productive to say, I won't say anything at all. We have enough hate and criticism in the world without adding more in a forum that is supposed to be for sharing information around the world. I believe some people " troll " this forum just waiting to criticize someone's opinion while adding nothing to the conversation. I don't use Amsoil but I see they have a lot of fans that are willing to pay the price for a product that they feel will protect their vehicles. That's their right as it's all of our right. I find it funny that some people will spend tens of thousands of dollars on a very nice vehicle and try to save $5 on an oil change by using the cheapest filter and oil they can get. Like momma said, "If you don't have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!". Some people talk a lot but say nothing at all. Just my 2 cents. Sorry for ranting.

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
I use their gear oil, transmission fluid, and UOA kits, but have never tried the engine oil. I wish they would get into the retail market instead of the MLM platform they currently use.

Well, some argue about how the marketing is structured but that’s not keeping me away. One that puzzles me is the lack of builder approvals. Is that expensive? edywv claims it is not. The other is I’m not a long OCI user so that makes SS too expensive to dump at 7k when my OLM barks.

As far as terse posts? The “my brand rules” crowd lives here, “you fan boys” callers live here, he new M1 has been hit plenty, Royal Purple hit plenty, and in fairness Redline has not always posted magic UOA’s here either … it’s a testosterone loaded site. Is what it is.
Now days I turn to those two companies for special products … but I am a DIY type and as I grow older and if that gets harder I could turn to Amsoil for the 2 stage filter and SS for long runs. It’s great the option exists …

The thing I like about Amsoil the most is how they serve a lot of markets that the standard companies have completely abandoned.

It's hard to call a product "overpriced" or "hard to obtain" when the big manufacturers offer exactly nothing as a suitable equivalent.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
I use their gear oil, transmission fluid, and UOA kits, but have never tried the engine oil. I wish they would get into the retail market instead of the MLM platform they currently use.
Well, some argue about how the marketing is structured but that’s not keeping me away. One that puzzles me is the lack of builder approvals. Is that expensive? edywv claims it is not. The other is I’m not a long OCI user so that makes SS too expensive to dump at 7k when my OLM barks. As far as terse posts? The “my brand rules” crowd lives here, “you fan boys” callers live here, he new M1 has been hit plenty, Royal Purple hit plenty, and in fairness Redline has not always posted magic UOA’s here either … it’s a testosterone loaded site. Is what it is. Now days I turn to those two companies for special products … but I am a DIY type and as I grow older and if that gets harder I could turn to Amsoil for the 2 stage filter and SS for long runs. It’s great the option exists …
I agree the MLM does not keep me away; personally, I think their gear oil is the best on the market and their UOA kits include TBN or TAN testing and are 50% of the cost of Blackstone, so 1 UOA via Amsoil versus Blackstone pays for my preferred account each year.

Originally Posted By: e55amgbenz007
Because there are comparable products that will do the same intervals for half the price. I was once an Amsoil “fan.” There simply is just no logical reason to pay the premium anymore. So the folks who point this out are simply stating the obvious. If that’s taken as a “negative” comment then feel free to prove it wrong.
I would disagree with this if it is intended as a blanket statement and would ask which products are comparable at half the price--specifically.

My apologies for any confusion. I was referring to their motor oils only. I have used their gear oils and tranny fluids in the past. Heck, I still have my preferred membership. It’s been my experience in reading through threads on this site for the past 12 years, that their are comparable alternatives at a much lower price point.

Originally Posted By: vwalburn
Amen Brother! Some people on this forum seem to enjoy criticizing other people behind the protection of their computer. To me, if I don't have anything productive to say, I won't say anything at all. We have enough hate and criticism in the world without adding more in a forum that is supposed to be for sharing information around the world. I believe some people " troll " this forum just waiting to criticize someone's opinion while adding nothing to the conversation. I don't use Amsoil but I see they have a lot of fans that are willing to pay the price for a product that they feel will protect their vehicles. That's their right as it's all of our right. I find it funny that some people will spend tens of thousands of dollars on a very nice vehicle and try to save $5 on an oil change by using the cheapest filter and oil they can get. Like momma said, "If you don't have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!". Some people talk a lot but say nothing at all. Just my 2 cents. Sorry for ranting.

It would be so boring on here if that was the case......

Originally Posted By: Bud_One
I like the pic, thanks for posting.

And I like Amsoil.
I just been finding killer deals on 0W-20 lately , so my stash is in good shape for the two Civics I maintain.

Gee....did I miss something? Is it a picture of Kate Upton or something?

FRAM posts filter details for all their models on their website and the top of the line dual layer synthetic wire backed media Ultra filter's less than half the price of the Amsoil which you have to order and wait to arrive when you can buy an Ultra any day at Walmart without having to hunt.

I don't doubt they make good stuff, I'm just not a fan of the lack of availability factor. If I could walk into any parts store or Walmart and buy the stuff, I sure as heck would. I don't stash oil and filters, I buy when it's time to change and that's it, don't have the room to stash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back