Florida Supercross anyone?

This year Florida will host three Supercross races, two in Orlando and one in Daytona. I plan to attend the first Orlando race and possibly the Daytona race. Just curious if anyone else has plans this year for any Supercross events?

This year Florida will host three Supercross races, two in Orlando and one in Daytona. I plan to attend the first Orlando race and possibly the Daytona race. Just curious if anyone else has plans this year for any Supercross events?
Not until I get a certain shot in the arm.

Been watching on TV. I have never even heard of GasGas until a week ago. Very competitive this year but the number of wrecks seems to have escalated. As noted above, no grandstand events for me until I get my shots.

After attending a few MX/SX events, I much prefer to watch on my home theater. Crowds, parking, noise, heat/cold, dumb asses, the whole thing... no thanks. And then there's the nasty virus going around killing people... no thanks.
It's a strange thing having multiple events at one location. I like it because we get more racing in less time, plus it's easier on the riders and teams not travelling so much. But I really doubt many of the spectators will attend all 3 rounds in their area. Maybe some die-hards but not too many.

Thank you for the reminder! I absolutely love motocross. I'm not the biggest fan of supercross, but I still enjoy watching it. Daytona is not far away, and the racing there is always epic. I'll try to remember to go.

Well, bought tickets but will end up going to the 2nd race in Orlando. Because of the limited seats they are selling fast. The best Supercross venue IMO is Daytona. Standing on the speedway 80' from the triple landing is epic, the noise, smell of race gas, all of it is just fun to be a part of, just for the evening. I would love to go to Daytona this year but have too much going on this March.

Been watching on TV. I have never even heard of GasGas until a week ago. Very competitive this year but the number of wrecks seems to have escalated. As noted above, no grandstand events for me until I get my shots.
GasGas is an Italian brand that has been around for years. KTM bought all or a part of the company a while back so the motocross bikes are pretty much KTM's, just like the Husky's.
And yes, there have been some surprising crashes and IMO it can be somewhat attributed to being at the same venue and using the same track with minor differences. Its safe to exclude Austin Forkner because he would crash out of the season no matter what. He is an excellent rider with tons of potential but has a knack of crashing out of races quite often.

GasGas was a Spanish manufacturer prior to the KTM purchase, FYI.

They were big in trials, but the offroad segment has been picking up a lot the last few years and especially now that KTM bought them in 2019.

GasGas was a Spanish manufacturer prior to the KTM purchase, FYI.

They were big in trials, but the offroad segment has been picking up a lot the last few years and especially now that KTM bought them in 2019.
Good to know, I always thought gasgas was Italian. But, In the past I never really payed attention to much outside Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha and Honda. As a kid in the 80's seeing a Husky or KTM was like seeing a bear in the forest, was always like wow look at that air cooled KTM or Husky! Present, its like ok, another KTM brand, pick your favorite rider and color, white, orange and now red, like Kia and Hyundai. Maybe Honda should branch out and make an out of the box pro level bike and call it Acura. It can have the factory teams maps pre loaded for the rider to choose, decals, wheels, etc... Charge 5k more and sell limited production say like 1500 units. People would buy a Roczen replica for sure.
But, I am pumped for the supercross next month. After a year being in the house Im anxious to get out and actually do something besides going to Costco.

Back