Flash Point and NOACK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect some correlation in pure base oils of the same chemistry such as PAOs, but that correlation should get lost once different base oil chemistries are mixed and blended with additives to make the finished oil.

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
We haven't had a NOACK Check thread in a while here. I wonder what conventionals and which synthetics have the best NOACK numbers these days also.

I wonder the same thing.

Pennz Ultra Platinum GTL oils used to be really low NOACK, now they are up around where everybody else is.

Pennzoil Ultra (pre-GTL) 5W30 had an impressively low NOACK loss, something just above 6%, while the Pennzoil Platinum of that day was closer to 10% like M1 and QSUD.
I've generally seen NOACK loss results between 8-11% for the GTL PU/PUP family in 5W30, although I haven't seen an update for the d1G2 version of PU while PUP may not have changed since it isn't licensed for that new standard...??? Believe PUP actually had slightly higher NOACK loss than PU pre-d1G2.

Amsoil SS oils have very good NOACK loss results for their grades. M1 5W30 ESP was also a "star" for its grade and I'd suspect that hasn't changed...a number of mass market 10W30 synths have impressively low NOACK losses.

EDIT - a little history...
http://pqiamerica.com/March2013PCMO/Marchsyntheticsallfinal.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back